Help understanding "Email Status" in exportedcontacts list.

SOLVED
Go to solution
JenniferS93737
Rookie
0 Votes

When I view my downloaded contacts list, there is a column called "Email Status" that has the following values: Unsubscribed, Active, Awaiting Confirmation, No Permissions Set, and a section that has no value at all.

I understand Unsubscribed and Active, and somewhat Awaiting Confirmation but what do "No Permissions Set" and the empty values mean and do they affect deliverability or any other metrics on my sends?

I want to understand this as I work to improve our deliverability.

Thanks,

Ed

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
William_A
Administrator

Hello @JenniferS93737 ,

No permissions set and the no value means that these contacts were likely imported from a non-traditional source and aren't set for regular emailing as contacts.

The most common example would be "new contacts" added by signing up for an event, but that didn't explicitly give permission for your regular emails as part of that registration - whether you provided the option or not. Another common source of this status are contacts that submit a "contact us" form on your site, that's connected to our API, rather than using a sign up form. Additionally, some integrations for CRMs and other databases may sync contacts into your Constant Contact account without permissions set, depending on how they function.

For more info on these status types for Email and SMS, I'd advise going through this article

Contacts that aren't active do not count toward your billing, and cannot be sent to - so they won't impact your open, send, click, nor engagement metrics.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
Community & Social Media Support

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
William_A
Administrator

Hello @JenniferS93737 ,

No permissions set and the no value means that these contacts were likely imported from a non-traditional source and aren't set for regular emailing as contacts.

The most common example would be "new contacts" added by signing up for an event, but that didn't explicitly give permission for your regular emails as part of that registration - whether you provided the option or not. Another common source of this status are contacts that submit a "contact us" form on your site, that's connected to our API, rather than using a sign up form. Additionally, some integrations for CRMs and other databases may sync contacts into your Constant Contact account without permissions set, depending on how they function.

For more info on these status types for Email and SMS, I'd advise going through this article

Contacts that aren't active do not count toward your billing, and cannot be sent to - so they won't impact your open, send, click, nor engagement metrics.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
Community & Social Media Support
JenniferS93737
Rookie
0 Votes

Thanks for that information and the links!

Updates
Just Getting Started?

We’re here to help you grow. With how-to tutorials, courses, getting-started guides, videos and step-by-step instructions to start and succeed with Constant Contact.

Start Here
Upcoming Webinars
May 01
Constant Contact Community Walkthrough and Demo
2PM - 3:00 PM EST