Summarize Your Email with AI When Posting to Social Media

How do I change the domain name of a group of contacts

SOLVED
Go to solution
JenniferH15
Campaign Expert
0 Votes

We have over 3500 contacts whose organization has changed the domain of all their emails.  How can I update everyone who is @domainA.com to being @domainB.com, without doing it manually, one at a time?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
William_A
Administrator

Correct, all contacts in an upload will be added to the selected lists. There is currently one address field as part of the contact import process.

If you're importing multiple, separate lists of contacts, they need to be uploaded separately. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
Community & Social Media Support

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Hello @JenniferH15 ,

Since the domain is part of the email address, and email addresses are what determine unique contacts - their permissions, their email activity stats, etc. - there isn't a way you can do this en masse. The only way to do this would be to delete all the contacts, and upload a list with the correct email addresses.

William A
JenniferH15
Campaign Expert

Hi - Thanks for the response. Is there a way to perform an export and import so that the engagement history, mail lists, and tags can be saved for each record? Or is the only way to keep that info with each record to hand edit each record from the old email address to the new address?

William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Hello @JenniferH15 ,

You can include the lists they were a part of, as well as their assigned tags, when you export them. Engagement history would not be maintained or export-able. 

William A
JenniferH15
Campaign Expert

Thanks. I just did a quick test and it seems that when I'm importing an address back into CC, it's only allowing me to import one single street address (but it exports both a home and work address) AND I can only add contacts to the same email list per import.

Our 3000 affected emails are on a variety of email lists. Is there an easier way to add an imported contact to multiple email lists or do I need to export each email list and then import by email list? (crawls into corner sobbing softly)

William_A
Administrator

Correct, all contacts in an upload will be added to the selected lists. There is currently one address field as part of the contact import process.

If you're importing multiple, separate lists of contacts, they need to be uploaded separately. 

William A
Updates
Just Getting Started?

We’re here to help you grow. With how-to tutorials, courses, getting-started guides, videos and step-by-step instructions to start and succeed with Constant Contact.

Start Here

73% of SMBs express doubt that their marketing strategy is effective. Does this sound familiar? Read our Small Business Now Report to learn how you can tweak your strategy to see better results.

Go read our article
Upcoming Webinars
SEP 19
Achieve Your Goals with Multi-Channel Marketing Campaigns
2PM - 3PM EST