Master email marketing fundamentals and transform your business. Join the Ready, Set, Send Challenge!

Importing to Specific Mailing Lists

SOLVED
Go to solution
StevenR20
Rookie

I am getting ready to import email subscribers on a new CC account for the first time. I see in the help documentation that on Step 3 I will designate lists and tags. However, I have an existing list with contacts who will belong on multiple lists and potentially have multiple tags. is there a way to designate lists, tags, and segments for that matter via a delimited field? What is the process for import when contacts may have any number of lists, tags, and segments they belong to (but aren't all the same)?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Caitlin_M
Administrator
0 Votes

Hi @StevenR20. When a file of contacts is uploaded, you will select the list(s) the file they will belong to. 

If you have a master list but know that not all the contacts will belong to the same list, you can import the contact tags (for example Dogs, Cats, Birds). Once the file is uploaded, you can search by tag, select the group of contacts with the same tag (ex Cats) and create a new list from the tagged contacts

--

Caitlin M.
Community Manager

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Caitlin_M
Administrator
0 Votes

Hi @StevenR20. When a file of contacts is uploaded, you will select the list(s) the file they will belong to. 

If you have a master list but know that not all the contacts will belong to the same list, you can import the contact tags (for example Dogs, Cats, Birds). Once the file is uploaded, you can search by tag, select the group of contacts with the same tag (ex Cats) and create a new list from the tagged contacts

--

Caitlin M.
Community Manager
Updates
Just Getting Started?

We’re here to help you grow. With how-to tutorials, courses, getting-started guides, videos and step-by-step instructions to start and succeed with Constant Contact.

Start Here

73% of SMBs express doubt that their marketing strategy is effective. Does this sound familiar? Read our Small Business Now Report to learn how you can tweak your strategy to see better results.

Go read our article
Upcoming Webinars
SEP 30
How to Segment Your Email List in Constant Contact
11AM - 12PM EST