Inventory Management - Non-payment event

SOLVED
Go to solution
LaurenS6942
Campaign Contributor

I need to manage our PTO inventory and allow people to 'check out' items and then return them. These are non-payment items so we don't need that part of the event management. 

Has anyone utilized the inventory management for non-payment transactions and 'returns'? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
ACTIVATE
Community Coach

Lauren I like that you are thinking creatively on ways to use the system! I don't think the Event System would be a good fit for this use:

-You'd have to create "events" for every single inventory product and attach dates to the event, which feels awkward

-You'd have no way to track who was taking out the item or returning it

-You'd be stuck with autoresponders and reminder emails that go to each individual event member so you'd be giving yourself tons of admin to communicate effectively (or simply don't use the email and reminders template lineups)

I'm not sure this is the best suggestion, but it represents what is out there for you to use: a software you can load your inventory into and manage all the rental and return steps and then use your Constant Contact account for your email correspondence and email marketing initiatives like updates, newsletters, holiday wishes and more!

https://booqable.com/ 

Aaron Wesley Means

ACTIVATE Business Solutions

Help others find this post by giving it kudos.

Note: I am not a Constant Contact employee.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
ACTIVATE
Community Coach

Lauren I like that you are thinking creatively on ways to use the system! I don't think the Event System would be a good fit for this use:

-You'd have to create "events" for every single inventory product and attach dates to the event, which feels awkward

-You'd have no way to track who was taking out the item or returning it

-You'd be stuck with autoresponders and reminder emails that go to each individual event member so you'd be giving yourself tons of admin to communicate effectively (or simply don't use the email and reminders template lineups)

I'm not sure this is the best suggestion, but it represents what is out there for you to use: a software you can load your inventory into and manage all the rental and return steps and then use your Constant Contact account for your email correspondence and email marketing initiatives like updates, newsletters, holiday wishes and more!

https://booqable.com/ 

Aaron Wesley Means

ACTIVATE Business Solutions

Help others find this post by giving it kudos.

Note: I am not a Constant Contact employee.

Updates
Just Getting Started?

We’re here to help you grow. With how-to tutorials, courses, getting-started guides, videos and step-by-step instructions to start and succeed with Constant Contact.

Start Here

73% of SMBs express doubt that their marketing strategy is effective. Does this sound familiar? Read our Small Business Now Report to learn how you can tweak your strategy to see better results.

Go read our article
Upcoming Webinars
SEP 19
Achieve Your Goals with Multi-Channel Marketing Campaigns
2PM - 3PM EST
OCT 02
Constant Contact Community Walkthrough and Demo
2PM - 2:30PM EST