Master email marketing fundamentals and transform your business. Join the Ready, Set, Send Challenge!

LinkedIn Posts no longer displaying full size image

SOLVED
Go to solution
JenniferS501
Brand Influencer
0 Votes

Until recently, LinkedIn posts would display the image used or uploaded to the post in full size; now, it is only displayed as an icon of the CC email link.  This is extremely frustrating and does not provide adequate imagery for social posts.  I only use LinkedIn for our business, so I do not know if this issue is limited to that platform.  Of note, the preview displays the full image when creating the post but is still only displaying icon size.  Does anyone know anything about this or know of a workaround or why CC would make this change?

Post Example.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
William_A
Administrator

Yeah, once I posted my question I started looking into it, and it seems like LinkedIn has been slowly rolling out a new way of presenting the images. Sponsored posts will have full size images, while those using the native and API-posting will retain the smaller preview sizing. I've pinged our devs just so that if there's further confusion on this, we can make sure everyone is on the same page with this. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
Community & Social Media Support

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Hello @JenniferS501 ,

Link previews are determined by the social platform for the URLs included with posts, and isn't something that can be controlled from our end. If you're wanting a full size image included with your post, you'd need to upload/add it as part of creating the post

William A
JenniferS501
Brand Influencer
0 Votes

Thank you for the response @William_A .  I uploaded the image as you suggested, as I normally do, but it still did not display it in that format and only shows an icon version.  You mentioned that previews are determined by the social platform. Do you know of anything that changed from LinkedIn?  I ask because if I post it directly from LinkedIn placing the URL of the CC email in the post, it works as normal, showing the full image, unlike if I post from the CC platform now, I only get the icon.  I mention this more so you know this is happening because it doesn't make sense to use CC for these types of posts any longer if this is how it will be displayed.  Thanks again for the assistance. 

William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Are the images close to the recommended sizing for LinkedIn?

William A
JenniferS501
Brand Influencer
0 Votes

Yes, I am using the recommended square format of 1200x1200.  This is what I have used in the past too.  I tried again to ensure I uploaded the image properly but got the same result.  

JenniferS501
Brand Influencer
0 Votes

@William_A, it looks like LinkedIn did change something. In the past, when I would post the URL of the email to LinkedIn and then select to change the image, it would post the full-size image and the headline with a link to the email. I just tried it again and it too is taking the image and just putting it as an icon size. This does seem to be a change on LinkedIn's side as to how these things are displayed.  

William_A
Administrator

Yeah, once I posted my question I started looking into it, and it seems like LinkedIn has been slowly rolling out a new way of presenting the images. Sponsored posts will have full size images, while those using the native and API-posting will retain the smaller preview sizing. I've pinged our devs just so that if there's further confusion on this, we can make sure everyone is on the same page with this. 

William A
JenniferS501
Brand Influencer

Thank you for your help in figuring this out and for passing it on. I'm keeping my Fingers Crossed that it will go back to how it was. Thanks again!

Updates
Just Getting Started?

We’re here to help you grow. With how-to tutorials, courses, getting-started guides, videos and step-by-step instructions to start and succeed with Constant Contact.

Start Here

73% of SMBs express doubt that their marketing strategy is effective. Does this sound familiar? Read our Small Business Now Report to learn how you can tweak your strategy to see better results.

Go read our article
Upcoming Webinars
SEP 30
How to Segment Your Email List in Constant Contact
11AM - 12PM EST