Discover Effective Email Template Design Tips for Non-Profits

Looking to start an ecommerce business?

Grace_R
Employee

Now that buying and selling online has become immensely popular, many of our customers are interested in starting an ecommerce business. Luckily, it has never been easier, and you can follow this guide to get started.

If you're running a successful ecommerce business, what advice would you give to someone just starting out?

And don't forget, Constant Contact is here to help you meet your goals and succeed! Specifically, you can use our product to do the following:

3 REPLIES 3
Chris-S
Administrator

Always begin with research. Familiarize yourself with your target audience, their desires, choices, and struggles. Conduct comprehensive market research to verify your business concept and customize your offerings accordingly.

Exciting news! Announcing our latest offering, Campaign Builder. Create stunning email campaigns effortlessly and efficiently with our intuitive tool!

ACTIVATE
Community Coach

The guide @Grace_R shared is really excellent. Having set up a number of new e-commerce websites for clients lately, I'd like to underscore the portion about researching and planning your operations, namely shipping. This is the one of the major blind spots that causes lots of friction for some business types because it can be hard to determine what the best method is for you. My advice is to analyze multiple ideas: free shipping (build it into product pricing model), flat rate shipping based on cart value (this has wiggle room on the over and under but helps stabilize in the middle) and specific in-cart calculated shipping. Consider how far you'll be mailing your products and with what carrier. Nail this down, at least in plans, before getting close to your rollout. I've witnessed multiple clients get near the finish line towards launch and then were caught up figuring and refiguring their shipping plans for extended periods of time delaying the whole project.

Aaron Wesley Means

ACTIVATE Business Solutions

Help others find this post by giving it kudos.

Note: I am not a Constant Contact employee.

Abigail_S
Administrator

If you're looking for some like-minded individuals who are in the ecommerce business, consider joining our Retail & Ecommerce group right here in Community! It's a place to share, get inspired, and connect. 

Updates
Just Getting Started?

We’re here to help you grow. With how-to tutorials, courses, getting-started guides, videos and step-by-step instructions to start and succeed with Constant Contact.

Start Here

73% of SMBs express doubt that their marketing strategy is effective. Does this sound familiar? Read our Small Business Now Report to learn how you can tweak your strategy to see better results.

Go read our article
Upcoming Webinars
Jul 10
Constant Contact Community Walkthrough and Demo
2PM - 3:00 PM EST