Mobile preview shows larger font size in random places

JFT416
Campaign Expert
0 Votes
Ever since the update to the UI, we've noticed that the mobile preview shows larger font size in certain areas of our weekly newsletter. In the past, we've fixed this by increasing the font of affected areas, saving it, closing the campaign then reopening it. After that we reverted the affected areas back to the original font size and the mobile preview would be fixed. This does not work anymore. Please advise. Thank you!
7 REPLIES 7
William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Hello @JFT416 ,

Is the affected areas' text sizing different from the email's default text size for that action block type? Does changing one or the other to match resolve the issue for you?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
Community & Social Media Support
JFT416
Campaign Expert
0 Votes

Hi William,

Thanks for getting back to me.

The affected areas' text shows a different size than the default text size. 

The default text size for our body text is 12pt, but in mobile preview the affected areas is shown in 16pt. 

Changing the default size under Design doesn't change the mobile preview issue, nor does changing the font directly in the blocks.

Let me know if you have any questions and if there are other solutions we can explore.

Thank you kindly,

Phil

William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Is this occurring in one particular type of email app, or is it occurring in multiple you have access to (if applicable)? Is the font size affected in the desktop version of your email as well?

William A
JFT416
Campaign Expert
0 Votes

This is only occurring with Constant Contact. We don't use other email apps. The font size is not affected in the desktop preview. It is also not affected when viewing the test email on a desktop. It is only an issue in mobile preview or viewing the test email on mobile.

Thank you!

William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

By email apps I mean Outlook, Gmail, Apple Mail, etc. 

The reason I ask is because when I test your email on my device in Gmail, the email and font is all consistent, and shows as expected based on the mobile preview.

William A
JFT416
Campaign Expert
0 Votes

We do use Outlook to check our test emails and the desktop version comes out fine.

After some testing, I've found a way that fixes the issue.

I went into the Design tab and changed all default font sizes to 14pt. Then I manually went to each affected block and changed them back to 12pt. This is then reflected in the mobile preview.

Thank you for your help!

William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Interesting, I'll check in our system for cases that reported similar issues and get your troubleshooting data included with that. I'm glad to hear you were able to resolve it.

William A
Updates
Just Getting Started?

We’re here to help you grow. With how-to tutorials, courses, getting-started guides, videos and step-by-step instructions to start and succeed with Constant Contact.

Start Here
Upcoming Webinars
May 01
Constant Contact Community Walkthrough and Demo
2PM - 3:00 PM EST