Summarize Your Email with AI When Posting to Social Media

New Editor

TheresaBehenna
Rookie
0 Votes

The new editor is SOOOO frustrating and complicated!!!! It used to be clear and simple and I could knock out newsletters in a timely creative format. Now it takes forever to figure out where to go to make changes or how to insert pictures and reduce blank space. Not at all user friendly! Just spent an hour on the phone with a CC rep trying to replicate the former format of my newsletter and while she was helpful, she also had to put me on hold to configure why I couldn't make changes. I've now spent five hours on what used to take two at most! 

Why did you have to fix what wasn't broken??????????????????????

1 REPLY 1
William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Hello @TheresaBehenna ,

The system that the third-generation editor (3GE) was made in will no longer available to us, therefore transition to the cross-device/platform editor (CPE) that's been available for the past several years is necessary. Not all functionalities from the 3GE builder will translate over to the CPE, either because those functionalities are or will become defunct.

Based on what was provided in your most recent case's notes, it sounds like the majority of your issues stem from certain campaigns built in the defunct 3GE builder from being able to copy into the CPE. Ultimately, if some of these campaigns aren't compatible with the CPE, they'll need to be manually recreated, which our phone support teams can assist with for live, 1:1 guidance.

I'd also recommend referring to the following articles in our Knowledge Base - also available via the Help tab in your account - for general info on the handful of differences between the two systems, and using the CPE in general:

If you have specific feedback regarding the CPE's functionalities, make sure to check out our Community's Ideas board, upvote topics you're interested in, or create posts that detail the desire for a specific functionality. Make sure to keep our Community Guidelines in mind when posting, and include as much relevant, constructive detail as possible for the use cases on the desired functionalities. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
Community & Social Media Support
Updates
Just Getting Started?

We’re here to help you grow. With how-to tutorials, courses, getting-started guides, videos and step-by-step instructions to start and succeed with Constant Contact.

Start Here

73% of SMBs express doubt that their marketing strategy is effective. Does this sound familiar? Read our Small Business Now Report to learn how you can tweak your strategy to see better results.

Go read our article
Upcoming Webinars
SEP 19
Achieve Your Goals with Multi-Channel Marketing Campaigns
2PM - 3PM EST