Segment Refresh, FAILS to refresh??

ChristopherP0
Rookie
0 Votes
Question. When using the predefined Segments for an outbound mail, I click on the "REFRESH COUNT" and it never seems to refresh or update itself. Instead I am left with.. ((7,008 Recipients — Last Refreshed: 2 months ago Refresh Count)) What troubles me is that in my LEAST ENGAGES segment, there are ALWAYS several hundred people that seem to read each and every e-mail. But those names never seem to move OUT of the "Least" segment and up into the "Somewhat" segment, regardless of how often I e-mail them nor how often I click on REFRESH COUNT within each of the segments.. Suggestions???
5 REPLIES 5
Caitlin_M
Administrator
0 Votes

Hi @ChristopherP0. Looking at your account, I do not see any engagement segments that we can test with. Could you please create these segments so we can further assist you? 

--

Caitlin M.
Community Manager
ChristopherP0
Rookie
0 Votes

Hello Caitlin:

I am using the Constant Contact Pre-Defined segments.

https://app.constantcontact.com/pages/contacts/ui#segments

Most engaged (6,827)
Contacts who regularly open and click your emails.

Somewhat engaged (6,076)
Contacts who sometimes open and click your emails.

Least engaged (19,693)
Contacts who rarely open and click your emails.

===

Recent mailings using the "Least" engaged segments show me.

I would expect to see those "300ish" opens be moved out of the "Least Segment" and up into the "Somewhat" after I hit the REFRESH before each mailing, and yet so far as I can tell, they all seem to remain in the Least Segment?

William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Remember that these pre-defined segments are a set portion of your contacts. Meaning, that they won't be moving to moderate or high engagement, if the contacts already in those pre-defined segments are still beating them on the metrics used. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
Community & Social Media Support
ChristopherP0
Rookie
0 Votes

Ahhh

Thats a rather significant point.

So Less-Active does NOT equal INACTIVE?

But is some unknown conglomeration of the two together..

I need a 4th category to be able to prune my lists properly...

William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Your best option in that regard may be to do a specific segmentation with criteria like to really drill down the contacts that aren't engaging with your material at all:

• Contact Activity > Did Not Open > either a date range of emails, or last 5 emails
  • Contact Activity > Did Not Click > either a date range of emails, or last 5 emails

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
Community & Social Media Support
Updates
Just Getting Started?

We’re here to help you grow. With how-to tutorials, courses, getting-started guides, videos and step-by-step instructions to start and succeed with Constant Contact.

Start Here

73% of SMBs express doubt that their marketing strategy is effective. Does this sound familiar? Read our Small Business Now Report to learn how you can tweak your strategy to see better results.

Go read our article
Upcoming Webinars
JUN 27
Boost Your Email Results with Segmentation & Personalization
2PM - 3PM EST
JUL 10
Getting Started with the Constant Contact Community
2PM - 3PM EST