Master email marketing fundamentals. Join the Ready, Set, Send Challenge Week 2!

Social Media Icons Permanently Gone After Deleting

SOLVED
Go to solution
MeredithL009
Rookie
0 Votes

I am using the social media icons in my newsletter and when I first used it, it showed me all five social media icons to edit with my links. I deleted the ones I didn't want to use, but now I do want to use them and there is no way to get them back. Whenever I click the social media tile it only shows me now facebook and instagram and I can't add a website or another type of icon. I even opened a brand-new newsletter and it looks like that setting stayed because it didn't default to showing me all the icons again. My only options for the future are facebook and instagram and if I delete one of those I will have even fewer options. How do I restore that setting to the defaults?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Caitlin_M
Administrator
0 Votes

Hi @MeredithL009. I took a look at your most recent draft and was able to add new social channels. Please see our article on editing the social follow block.

While editing a new test campaign, I came across an issue with the Add Network dropdown not appearing when attempting to add new social channels. I'm not sure if this is what you may have been experiencing. If so, try resizing your browser and then maximizing it. Once I did that, the Add Network dropdown appeared again.

--

Caitlin M.
Community Manager

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Caitlin_M
Administrator
0 Votes

Hi @MeredithL009. I took a look at your most recent draft and was able to add new social channels. Please see our article on editing the social follow block.

While editing a new test campaign, I came across an issue with the Add Network dropdown not appearing when attempting to add new social channels. I'm not sure if this is what you may have been experiencing. If so, try resizing your browser and then maximizing it. Once I did that, the Add Network dropdown appeared again.

--

Caitlin M.
Community Manager

Featured Article

Use Sections to Build Email Campaigns Faster and Improve Engagement Rates

Using Sections while designing your marketing email not only increases your own efficiency but helps you to deliver a more friendly, organized message. Check out some of the key benefits of using sections in email.

See Article

Featured Thread

Casual Conversations: What's your go-to playlist?

If you listen to music while you work, share your playlist below so we can be inspired and maybe find some new music!

View thread

Featured Thread

Ready, Set, Send Challenge: Week 2 - Designing the Perfect Email

Learn how to create emails to effectively engage with your audience and drive the results you want.

Join challenge
Updates
Just Getting Started?

We’re here to help you grow. With how-to tutorials, courses, getting-started guides, videos and step-by-step instructions to start and succeed with Constant Contact.

Start Here

73% of SMBs express doubt that their marketing strategy is effective. Does this sound familiar? Read our Small Business Now Report to learn how you can tweak your strategy to see better results.

Go read our article
Upcoming Webinars
OCT 24
Engage and Convert: The Email and Social Media Power Play
2PM - 3PM EST