Static Social Follow Buttons

OldeSalemTownshipP
Rookie
0 Votes

Make the social follow buttons static for each account. Every time I use a new template I have to reconfigure the social follow buttons for each email. 

3 REPLIES 3
William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Hello @OldeSalemTownshipP ,

I'm moving your post to Questions & Discussions, since this is how the social follow bar is supposed to function. 

The social follow / icons bar, once a URL to the page is added, is maintained for future emails - whether you make a new campaign or copy a previous one. If you're using the share buttons instead, these wouldn't have a URL that you insert.

Can you describe your process on how you're adding this bar, and confirm that these URLs actually show when you preview / test send the email, or actually send it out? If the URL additions aren't being saved, then it would make sense why they're not present in your newly made and copied templates. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
Community & Social Media Support
OldeSalemTownshipP
Rookie
0 Votes

Here's how i'm adding the social bar. When I goto Marketing > Email and choose a new template it already has the social follow bar at the bottom of the email draft, right above the Compliance Address information that is static and the same for every email.

The social follow bar defaults to Facebook, X, Instagram. I then have to edit the Social Follow bar to remove X and Instagram (as we do not have those), then I have to add website and email. Then enter my URL's for each social button, Facebook, Email, Website. 

My Facebook, email and website are the same and do not change. I should be able to configure those social platforms at the constant contact level and have those persist throughout all templates with social follow buttons already placed within the template. 

I understand that if i copy an existing campaign that these buttons and their URL's will persist. However, what is the point in templates and new templates if certain branding doesn't persist throughout them. 

William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

You're using a new template each time that already has a social bar included? Does the issue occur when you make a new email from a template without the social bar, and then manually drag on over? Does the issue occur when you make your email from a reusable template you've saved?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
Community & Social Media Support
Updates
Just Getting Started?

We’re here to help you grow. With how-to tutorials, courses, getting-started guides, videos and step-by-step instructions to start and succeed with Constant Contact.

Start Here

73% of SMBs express doubt that their marketing strategy is effective. Does this sound familiar? Read our Small Business Now Report to learn how you can tweak your strategy to see better results.

Go read our article
Upcoming Webinars
JUN 27
Boost Your Email Results with Segmentation & Personalization
2PM - 3PM EST
JUL 10
Getting Started with the Constant Contact Community
2PM - 3PM EST