Master email marketing fundamentals and transform your business. Join the Ready, Set, Send Challenge!

Test emails

SOLVED
Go to solution
TeresaL074
Rookie

I'm a volunteer for a non-profit and need to get approvals before sending emails to our Board of Directors. When I send the Test email my approvers can't tell that it's a test email vs. the actual email. When I send the test I comment it with TEST TEST TEST but they don't always catch that at the top center of the content. Is there a way to make the Test email more obvious to them?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Hello @TeresaL074 ,

Test emails sent through the system will explicitly have a banner denoting that they're a test. at the bottom. The only way this banner wouldn't appear is if the email is so long that the receiving email program cuts it off (as well as other actual content in the email).

When sending a test, you can also include an additional message that will appear at the very top of the test-sent email. See the linked article for test emails for additional info on how this function works.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
Community & Social Media Support

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Hello @TeresaL074 ,

Test emails sent through the system will explicitly have a banner denoting that they're a test. at the bottom. The only way this banner wouldn't appear is if the email is so long that the receiving email program cuts it off (as well as other actual content in the email).

When sending a test, you can also include an additional message that will appear at the very top of the test-sent email. See the linked article for test emails for additional info on how this function works.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
Community & Social Media Support
Updates
Just Getting Started?

We’re here to help you grow. With how-to tutorials, courses, getting-started guides, videos and step-by-step instructions to start and succeed with Constant Contact.

Start Here

73% of SMBs express doubt that their marketing strategy is effective. Does this sound familiar? Read our Small Business Now Report to learn how you can tweak your strategy to see better results.

Go read our article
Upcoming Webinars
SEP 30
How to Segment Your Email List in Constant Contact
11AM - 12PM EST