Got a 'How do I' question? Join our live 'Ask a Trainer' session happening now for instant help and pro tips!

Text Editor doesn't appear

SOLVED
Go to solution
SashiG
Rookie
0 Votes

Is there a way to pin the text editor? When I copy and paste text the text editor disappears and makes it impossible to edit.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Correct. Even if you weren't carrying over other formatting, you'd still need to re-apply the hyperlinks regardless, because our system needs to have that setup for tracking rewrites.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
Community & Social Media Support

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Hello @SashiG ,

Does it not appear when you click off to the side or into another block, and then back into the text block?

William A
SashiG
Rookie
0 Votes

It will appear in a new text block. But it won't appear to allow be to edit the text that I copy and pasted unless I also lose the links. It also doesn't feel that it happens all the time, but it happens enough to be frustrating. 

William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Are you copying in the text without clearing all formatting beforehand? In general, I would advise against trying to copy in formatting from outside programs. Problematic formatting can cause issues when pasted into the editor, so it needs to be cleared anyway prior to pasting in. Once pasted in plainly, you can then apply the formatting, bulleting, etc. as desired. Clearing any prior formatting by using a plain-text program like Notepad can also help avoid problematic formatting and compatibility issues.

William A
SashiG
Rookie
0 Votes

So I would have to manually apply any links, etc?

William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Correct. Even if you weren't carrying over other formatting, you'd still need to re-apply the hyperlinks regardless, because our system needs to have that setup for tracking rewrites.

William A
Updates
Just Getting Started?

We’re here to help you grow. With how-to tutorials, courses, getting-started guides, videos and step-by-step instructions to start and succeed with Constant Contact.

Start Here
Polls
How confident are you about the effectiveness of your current marketing strategy?

Top Choice: Not confident at all (78%)

73% of SMBs express doubt that their marketing strategy is effective. Does this sound familiar? Read our Small Business Now Report to learn how you can tweak your strategy to see better results.

Go read our article
Upcoming Webinars
Jun 05
Constant Contact Community Walkthrough and Demo
2PM - 3:00 PM EST