Some of our customers are experiencing issues accessing campaigns and reporting data. We are working to resolve this as quickly as possible.

Text Spacing Issues

HeathM78
Rookie
Hello, I've noticed lately that often line returns are not showing up in my sent emails, so that text that should be separated is showing up all bunched up, even if I correct it. I make sure all text is "clean" by running it through text edit. This has been an issue just recently, in the last few months. Also, it seem unpredictable, and different test emails will show different sections with the issue. I've been using Constant Contact for years, and this is new. For example, a line that should read like this: Join us Address below Comes out like: Join us Address below Any help would be welcome! Liz
9 REPLIES 9
Caitlin_M
Administrator
0 Votes

Hi @HeathM78. Is this happening in a particular email client when you are sending tests? Do you have a screenshot of how it is displaying?

--

Caitlin M.
Community Manager
RIE
Campaign Contributor
0 Votes

I am having this issue as well:Constant Contact issue.PNG

Caitlin_M
Administrator
0 Votes

Hi @RIE. Thank you for the screenshot. Is this happening in one email client or multiple? 

--

Caitlin M.
Community Manager
RIE
Campaign Contributor
0 Votes

Can you explain what you mean by email client? 

Caitlin_M
Administrator
0 Votes

Hi @RIE. An email client is the program you use to view your email. Examples are GMail, Apple Mail, Yahoo, Outlook 2020, etc 

--

Caitlin M.
Community Manager
RIE
Campaign Contributor
0 Votes

Ah. yes, the error happened in my gmail account and in my colleague's account (netwood.net). 

Caitlin_M
Administrator
0 Votes

Thank you. I can't replicate the same experience in my own Gmail account. The spacing around the bulleted lists displays correctly for me. Are you using the default Gmail website to view your email (mail.google.com) or another program?

--

Caitlin M.
Community Manager
RIE
Campaign Contributor
0 Votes

I don't know what happened either. I just created another email, this time using a Firefox browser (instead of Chrome) and the issue didn't happen again. Not sure what the issue is...

Caitlin_M
Administrator
0 Votes

Hi @RIE. Since the issue did not reoccur in a different browser, it's possible there was an extension or setting through Chrome that caused some backend spacing that only showed when it was sent to your inbox. You should be able to use the copied template again in the Chrome browser. I recommend using a new text block as well when creating the email.

--

Caitlin M.
Community Manager
Updates
Just Getting Started?

We’re here to help you grow. With how-to tutorials, courses, getting-started guides, videos and step-by-step instructions to start and succeed with Constant Contact.

Start Here
Polls
How confident are you about the effectiveness of your current marketing strategy?

Top Choice: Somewhat confident (50%)

Upcoming Webinars
Jun 05
Constant Contact Community Walkthrough and Demo
2PM - 3:00 PM EST