Updated Contacts to a list won't send

SOLVED
Go to solution
ChaseE
Rookie
0 Votes

I uploaded a new group of contacts. Added them to a list. I now have 95 people in that list. When I go to edit/remove people, it confirms that they have been removed, but keeps 95 people in there. Then when I actually went to send the email to that list, it shows 39 people, not 95. I can't figure out why.... it's very frustrating, especially since it was a time-sensitive email I was trying to send.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Caitlin_M
Administrator
0 Votes

Hi @ChaseE. I reviewed the specific list you selected for your mailing. It appears that a significant number of contacts' permissions are sent to "No Permission Set" or "Awaiting Confirmation".

The Wix integration you are using is bringing over contacts with No Permission Set since they are not in the "Subscribed" category in Wix. You will need to include something like a checkbox during the sign-up process where they can select to opt-in to your emails.

For "awaiting confirmation", these contacts were sent a confirmation email for opt-in. If they didn't take action on their end after receiving the email, their permission is set to Awaiting Confirmation and they will not receive emails from you. You can send them a link to a sign-up form and once they sign up, their permission will be updated.

--

Caitlin M.
Community Manager

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Caitlin_M
Administrator
0 Votes

Hi @ChaseE. I reviewed the specific list you selected for your mailing. It appears that a significant number of contacts' permissions are sent to "No Permission Set" or "Awaiting Confirmation".

The Wix integration you are using is bringing over contacts with No Permission Set since they are not in the "Subscribed" category in Wix. You will need to include something like a checkbox during the sign-up process where they can select to opt-in to your emails.

For "awaiting confirmation", these contacts were sent a confirmation email for opt-in. If they didn't take action on their end after receiving the email, their permission is set to Awaiting Confirmation and they will not receive emails from you. You can send them a link to a sign-up form and once they sign up, their permission will be updated.

--

Caitlin M.
Community Manager
ChaseE
Rookie
0 Votes

So you're saying when I uploaded a list to Constant contact, they get sent an email to confirm? We obtained all of their emails through a form on Wix (constant contacts' widget didn't allow for enough modification to use for what we were wanting to do). We are now trying to send them an email with the update. I thought the whole point of checking the box that they gave us the authorization to email them, then them having ability to click unsubscribe was the point of this whole thing? If the only way to add them is to have them sign up for a mailing list, not use the list we already have, that defeats the purpose... 

If we can't send them an email, how can we get their authorization???

Caitlin_M
Administrator
0 Votes

You may need to check on the Wix end to ensure that the opt-in is working correctly for future sign-ups. If it is set up correctly, you can contact our dedicated Integrations team directly so they can assist you live. Click here for a link to their hours of operation.

For the existing contacts in those two permissions, you can send them a link to a sign-up form. This allows them to complete the opt-in process. The link will need to be sent from your own email client.

--

Caitlin M.
Community Manager
Updates
Just Getting Started?

We’re here to help you grow. With how-to tutorials, courses, getting-started guides, videos and step-by-step instructions to start and succeed with Constant Contact.

Start Here
Upcoming Webinars
May 01
Constant Contact Community Walkthrough and Demo
2PM - 3:00 PM EST