Using Asian languages in event landing pages, and in emails...

SOLVED
Go to solution
DerekS1
Campaign Collaborator
0 Votes

When using Asian languages in the event landing page, all the characters change to:  Is there any way I can use asian languages and not have it destroy the text?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
DerekS1
Campaign Collaborator

Korean.  When I entered the text, most of the time it changed to Boxes or arrows after I saved and refreshed the page.  But, there was a magical time, when everything came together. I had to click everything in just the right order, save the text box, save the page, finish, etc. I believe I also included a tag, in HTML  a tag that said meta charset="UTF-8" ... Not sure if that did it or not.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Hello @DerekS1 ,

At this time, most non-Latin text won't save and display properly in the current event tool's landing pages and registration forms. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
Community & Social Media Support
DerekS1
Campaign Collaborator
0 Votes

Interesting, I actually got it to work!  Not sure how/why but it was hit and miss, on whether it would save as Asian text or not. But, my event landing page is up, with non-english text!

William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Interesting, is there a particular language or text you used?

William A
DerekS1
Campaign Collaborator

Korean.  When I entered the text, most of the time it changed to Boxes or arrows after I saved and refreshed the page.  But, there was a magical time, when everything came together. I had to click everything in just the right order, save the text box, save the page, finish, etc. I believe I also included a tag, in HTML  a tag that said meta charset="UTF-8" ... Not sure if that did it or not.

William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Interesting, I'll make note of that for the existing tracking for the issue. Thank you very much for the follow-up.

William A
DerekS1
Campaign Collaborator
0 Votes

Is there a way to send you a private message? I can send you the event page, and you can look at it.

William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

I'm able to grab a screencap from the account, along with the event's name and URL, and attach it to the case generated from your original post.

William A
Updates
Just Getting Started?

We’re here to help you grow. With how-to tutorials, courses, getting-started guides, videos and step-by-step instructions to start and succeed with Constant Contact.

Start Here
Polls
How confident are you about the effectiveness of your current marketing strategy?

Top Choice: Not confident at all (82%)

Upcoming Webinars
Jun 05
Constant Contact Community Walkthrough and Demo
2PM - 3:00 PM EST