Master email marketing fundamentals and transform your business. Join the Ready, Set, Send Challenge!

WePay

SOLVED
Go to solution
MichaelK0218
Rookie
0 Votes

Folks: I'm in a Do-loop between Constant Contact and WePay. We have an event in which we elected to allow payments via WePay. Unfortunately, when I log onto our WePay account the money is not showing up and there is no record of our transactions. I ran a test case using my personal CC and the money has left my account but is not reflected in our WePay account. I have emailed WePay (they don't have a phone number that I have found) and their response is for me to contact Constant Contact. Constant Contact, not surprisingly say to contact WePay. Has anyone successfully used WePay? Does anyone have a phone number for them? Does anyone have any advice on how to find our funds? Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Thank you for the follow-up, @MichaelK0218 .

I spoke with our higher level technical team, who agreed that since WePay is the system that actually processes the payments, and moves them into the WePay account's funds, it's something on their side.

Our Tier 2 team was able to pull logs for the events with payments, which I sent the full logs to you via email. However, in case this issue comes up for any other customers in the final months before WePay's contract ends, I did want to provide the base error code here:

'"remote_account_state":"disabled","payment_gateway":"WEPAY","account_disabled":true,'

What this error indicates is that something has disabled payment collection for the WePay account, on the WePay side. I'd advise reaching out to WePay's support, providing the full logs I emailed to you, or at least this code, and asking for them to identify (and fix) what on your account would have disabled the payment gateway. If they try to point you back at us, please ask them to provide explicitly what on our side would be preventing these payments (log error codes or an explicit error message), since it's their system that fully handles the payments.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
Community & Social Media Support

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Hello @MichaelK0218 ,

I'm not sure why WePay would say you should be contacting us. Their system is the one used to process payments, and is the one where any payment made would be deposited into the connected account. We provide the event platform itself, but beyond that anything monetary is handled via WePay. Did they give an actual reason why we would be the ones to be able to access this info? 

The only direct support channel available for WePay appears to be via the submission form on their Contact Us page. 

William A
MichaelK0218
Rookie
0 Votes

William:  Thank you so much for your response.  Yes, the only way that I've found to contact them is via email which is not very satisfactory.   I have cut and pasted their last response, which I don't think is very helpful, but maybe with the Group ID number means something to you?  Am I in a do-loop or is there some way to audit the flow of these transactions?

errah (WePay Support)

Dec 19, 2023, 5:24 PM EST

Hello Karl,

Thank you for your response.

I'm sorry to hear that. We do not have any transactions on the account labeled Central Texas Beekeepers Association Group ID #431054188.

Constant Contact would be the only source at this point to tell you what may have happened with the payments or what error may have happened when making your payments.

I apologize for any inconvenience this has caused.

Best Regards,
Customer Delight Agent III | Terrah

WePay by J.P. Morgan

More questions? Check out our Help Center
https://support.wepay.com

William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Thank you for the follow-up, @MichaelK0218 .

I spoke with our higher level technical team, who agreed that since WePay is the system that actually processes the payments, and moves them into the WePay account's funds, it's something on their side.

Our Tier 2 team was able to pull logs for the events with payments, which I sent the full logs to you via email. However, in case this issue comes up for any other customers in the final months before WePay's contract ends, I did want to provide the base error code here:

'"remote_account_state":"disabled","payment_gateway":"WEPAY","account_disabled":true,'

What this error indicates is that something has disabled payment collection for the WePay account, on the WePay side. I'd advise reaching out to WePay's support, providing the full logs I emailed to you, or at least this code, and asking for them to identify (and fix) what on your account would have disabled the payment gateway. If they try to point you back at us, please ask them to provide explicitly what on our side would be preventing these payments (log error codes or an explicit error message), since it's their system that fully handles the payments.

William A
Updates
Just Getting Started?

We’re here to help you grow. With how-to tutorials, courses, getting-started guides, videos and step-by-step instructions to start and succeed with Constant Contact.

Start Here

73% of SMBs express doubt that their marketing strategy is effective. Does this sound familiar? Read our Small Business Now Report to learn how you can tweak your strategy to see better results.

Go read our article
Upcoming Webinars
SEP 30
How to Segment Your Email List in Constant Contact
11AM - 12PM EST