When scheduling an email for a future date and time...

MissyMJM
Campaign Contributor
0 Votes

When I schedule an email for a future date and time, the email appears in the list of emails, but still says DRAFT. It would make more sense to say SCHEDULED and show the date and time. It's confusing otherwise. 

9 REPLIES 9
Caitlin_M
Administrator
0 Votes

Hi @MissyMJM. When I am under Campaigns > Email, it shows the email as scheduled with a date and time. Are you seeing something different from the screenshot I'm providing below? If so, can you provide us with a screenshot?

--

Caitlin M.
Community Manager
MissyMJM
Campaign Contributor
0 Votes

I'm in my actual campaign and I scroll to the bottom with the emails that have been created and sent...and the last one is scheduled to go out tomorrow (Monday) morning, but it still shows in DRAFT status. When I go under emails as you suggested it doesn't show any of these emails that have already been sent or the pending one that is scheduled. 

Screenshot 2024-03-17 112147.png

William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Emails built within an event - such as invites and non-responder emails - will only show as part of that actual event. I think Caitlin was reading your original post as being about standard email campaigns, not ones specifically made within an event, which is how I was reading it until the added context of your follow-up.

Regarding your issue, I tested in my own account and was able to schedule an event invite that showed as Scheduled status. scheduled event invite.png

For your event invite that said it was in draft status, did it eventually go out as scheduled or did you need to manually send it? Are you able to schedule and unschedule event invites, and they show in the correct status now? Does this issue occur in other events in your account - including newly made ones, or is it just this event that's resulting in scheduled invites showing as still in draft?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
Community & Social Media Support
MissyMJM
Campaign Contributor
0 Votes

Sorry for the confusion. I see that you were able to get it to say “scheduled” That’s the behavior I would have expected. It just shows up as DRAFT as my earlier image shows. And the email WAS SENT, even though it never showed as scheduled. I have two events going and this DRAFT issue is happening on both of them when I schedule reminder emails to go to nonresponders. 

William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Are you able to unschedule the event email when it's in this false draft status? Does it still allow you to edit the email, without unscheduling it?

Does this occur with invites you make within a newly made event?

William A
MissyMJM
Campaign Contributor
0 Votes

I think I might have found the bug. 

See the attached image. 

When I scheduled a brand new email, the SCHEDULED info appears. 

When I copied a previous email and then schedule it, it appears in DRAFT status. 

So it would appear the SCHEDULED feature shows up correctly for new emails, but isn't showing up correctly when you copy previous emails, change the subject line, etc. and then schedule it. When you do the latter, it says DRAFT and not scheduled (though it still sends the email). 

Who can we report this to?

Screenshot 2024-03-18 125027.png

William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Hmmmmm... When I tested copying email invites within my events, they showed in scheduled status when I did so.

As a final test, does copying that brand-new scheduled email allow the copy to show as scheduled when actually done so? My thought process is that a specific email invite in your event(s) was glitched, and copying that is allowing the glitch to continue. Or, it's that those particular events got somehow glitched during the creation process.

William A
MissyMJM
Campaign Contributor
0 Votes

I guess I’ll just chalk it up to a glitch for now and hope it resolves itself for future events and emails. 

JasonMathwig-NEWdigital
Rookie
0 Votes

It would be great that also for scheduled emails under events that it would not only show that it is schedule but also what date and time it is scheduled. Once you schedule it, you can't see what time you scheduled it. In addition, it would be nice to be able to edit it without having to unschedule it. 

Updates
Just Getting Started?

We’re here to help you grow. With how-to tutorials, courses, getting-started guides, videos and step-by-step instructions to start and succeed with Constant Contact.

Start Here

73% of SMBs express doubt that their marketing strategy is effective. Does this sound familiar? Read our Small Business Now Report to learn how you can tweak your strategy to see better results.

Go read our article
Upcoming Webinars
JUN 27
Boost Your Email Results with Segmentation & Personalization
2PM - 3PM EST
JUL 10
Getting Started with the Constant Contact Community
2PM - 3PM EST