Announcing Campaign Builder! Available now.

deleting 2,000 contacts who have not opened an email

SOLVED
Go to solution
TRHC
Rookie
0 Votes

I am trying to clean up an organization's contacts so that they can make more effective use of CC. There are about 2,000 folks on the list who have never opened a contact. I want to delete those that pre-date 2020. How do I do that without going into each one individually?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Caitlin_M
Administrator
0 Votes

Hi @TRHC. From what I'm understanding, you are looking to delete contacts who have not engaged with an email and were uploaded to your account before 2020. You will create a segment and use these details: Contact Activity > Did Not Open > Custom Date Range with the last date being a date in 2020. You will also include the criteria for Contact Details > Date Added > Custom Date Range to find contacts who existed in the account before 2020. From there, you will add the segment to a list and delete the list.

--

Caitlin M.
Community Manager

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Caitlin_M
Administrator
0 Votes

Hi @TRHC. From what I'm understanding, you are looking to delete contacts who have not engaged with an email and were uploaded to your account before 2020. You will create a segment and use these details: Contact Activity > Did Not Open > Custom Date Range with the last date being a date in 2020. You will also include the criteria for Contact Details > Date Added > Custom Date Range to find contacts who existed in the account before 2020. From there, you will add the segment to a list and delete the list.

--

Caitlin M.
Community Manager
Updates
Just Getting Started?

We’re here to help you grow. With how-to tutorials, courses, getting-started guides, videos and step-by-step instructions to start and succeed with Constant Contact.

Start Here
Polls
How confident are you about the effectiveness of your current marketing strategy?

Top Choice: Not confident at all (77%)

73% of SMBs express doubt that their marketing strategy is effective. Does this sound familiar? Read our Small Business Now Report to learn how you can tweak your strategy to see better results.

Go read our article
Upcoming Webinars
Jun 05
Constant Contact Community Walkthrough and Demo
2PM - 3:00 PM EST