"From: [name] " is not showing up in people's inboxes

VirtusTennisCoaching
Rookie
0 Votes

My "From Name", which is is not showing up in my subscriber's inboxes. Instead what's appearing is my email address. Could you let me know if this is a bug, or if it's something that I'm able to change in the settings?

3 REPLIES 3
William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Hello @VirtusTennisCoaching ,

Is this occurring in all email clients, or just one in particular? Is there any other common element for the contacts that are seeing this - such as being on the same domain, or using the same email client?

When I test send your emails to my work and personal addresses, the From Name matches what you have entered for the email's header.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
Community & Social Media Support
VirtusTennisCoaching
Rookie
0 Votes

Hi @William_A ,

I've just seen that when the email is sent to an Outlook account, it seems to appear well - whereas gmail accounts it appears as the email address (not the From Name).

William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

I used Gmail for my testing and it showed the name. Is there a setting in the receiving Gmail account that would be replacing the name with the email address, or is it currently in their saved addresses as that email being the name?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
Community & Social Media Support
Updates
Just Getting Started?

We’re here to help you grow. With how-to tutorials, courses, getting-started guides, videos and step-by-step instructions to start and succeed with Constant Contact.

Start Here
Upcoming Webinars
Apr 23
Community Conversations: SMS Marketing - Activate, Regulate, Communicate!
2PM - 3:00 PM EST