Community Coach Insights: Using Video in Marketing Emails

is it a good idea to segment my general list?

DieterR
Rookie
0 Votes

i have a general list of about 8000 emails.  

I want to segment them by what people are buying from my webiste.

So if someone buys a car from my website is it a good idea to have them on my general mailing list and then on a special list for just people that buy cars?    is there a strategy for doing this?

any advice would be appricated.  bob

1 REPLY 1
Amanda_G
Employee
0 Votes

Hi @DieterR , 

Segmenting your contacts based on purchase history is a great way to target your marketing! If you are able to export the contacts into various excel sheets based on purchases, (an excel sheet solely for car buyers), you can import that excel sheet into a new list within your Constant Contact account, so it will be separate from your existing list. 

Amanda G.
Community & Social Care
Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.
Updates
Just Getting Started?

We’re here to help you grow. With how-to tutorials, courses, getting-started guides, videos and step-by-step instructions to start and succeed with Constant Contact.

Start Here
Upcoming Webinars
Share your marketing campaign with other small business experts and gather valuable tips and feedback to improve your email newsletters, social campaigns, and more. Add @CTCTHelp to your post and we will share it on social media for additional feedback!