View page breaks while designing campaign

EileenH18
Rookie
0 Votes

I have sent out a newsletter for my company but want to be able to send/save it as a PDF. In PDF format, the page breaks occur in awkward places, often in the middle of a paragraph. I want to be able to see the page breaks while I'm designing the newsletter to create a more professional and visually appealing product.

After doing a little research, I noticed that when others have requested this through CC's help center in the past it was never really resolved; I wanted to follow up and see if this feature has become recently available. I notice that JPEG files do not show page breaks, but for both ADA compliance and printing abilities, I would like to use PDFs. For this, I need to be able to see the page layout. I also saw that CC employees have suggested using their preset templates to better follow page layouts. However, I think this is unrealistic since my text and photo block sizes have been customized to my content. 

Thanks in advance!

1 REPLY 1
Kara_D
Employee
0 Votes

Hi !

Thanks for reaching out to the Community! This feature is not currently available, but I tracked the request on your behalf and we will send you an email once it has been implemented. 

There are two ways to Download or Print an Email campaign , and each option has its own settings. I personally use the second option listed in the linked article (also listed below) because it provides the opportunity to adjust the scale, which gives you some control of where those page breaks are going to be.

Download and Print a Sent Email

To download a sent email as a PDF, JPG, or PNG file to save to your computer and print out later:

1. Click Campaigns.
  2. Select Status Sent to help narrow your search.
  3. Find the sent email you want to download and click More > Print/Download.
  4. Select the file type you want to download.
  5. (Optional) Customize the size and scale of your file. You even have the option to print PDFs in grayscale to save ink.
  6. Click Download. Depending on your browser, you'll either be asked to save the file, or it will automatically save into your Downloads folder.

PDF Print Options and Download Button

Kara.D
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.
Resources
Developer Portal

View API documentation, code samples, get your API key.

Visit Page

Announcements

API Updates

Join our list to be notified of new features and updates to our V3 API.