What's right & what's wrong...

BradfordI1
Campaign Contributor

I'd love to get feedback on what others think works & doesn't work in our newsletter email. (Our "brand colors" are burgundy & gray, if you couldn't tell. *grin* )

See the newsletter here -- https://conta.cc/49FGPCo

4 REPLIES 4
Caitlin_M
Administrator

Hi @BradfordI1. I couldn't tell at all 😄 Thanks for coming over to the Template Feedback area!

I like the usage of those read more blocks to shorten your newsletter and drive traffic to your PDF. A recommendation I would give is to consider the amount of images you have since they outweigh the amount of text that is included. The second with the mobile chapel is a nice place to add more text. Since that area doesn't take up too much room in the attached PDF, you can include all the text in that block and list the locations of the mobile chapel. Another recommendation would be to replace the "Are You A Disciple Of Christ" image with one of the photos from the PDF, such as the one that shows the event's attendees.

There is certainly a feeling of community and support in this newsletter. Thanks for sharing it with us!

--

Caitlin M.
Community Manager
BradfordI1
Campaign Contributor
0 Votes

Thanks for the suggestions!! 😊

Nick_S
Administrator
0 Votes

Thanks for sharing your email!

I agree with Caitlin's points. I also recommend changing the link on the logo image at the top to the actual website and not a PDF. Most people would click on the logo thinking it would take them directly to the main website.

I might also suggest changing the background color to white or something more neutral. The burgundy comes on very strong. Similar to your website, the burgundy is used as an accent or on the header at the top. So something like white background with burgundy section headers and burgundy hyperlinks.

This isn't necessary, per se, but I believe Google Play, Apple App Store, and Amazon App Store have their own logo, like this:

en_badge_web_generic.png

You could insert a three column block and use these images as clickable links to bring people to the app. Just a little extra visual flair. The images should appear if you search "download on xyz app store."

Elevate your marketing with Constant Contact's Professional Design Services! From eye-catching email templates to custom branding and social media graphics, our professional design services are tailored to boost your business's impact and engagement.

BradfordI1
Campaign Contributor

Thanks for the ideas, Nick!

Updates
Just Getting Started?

We’re here to help you grow. With how-to tutorials, courses, getting-started guides, videos and step-by-step instructions to start and succeed with Constant Contact.

Start Here

73% of SMBs express doubt that their marketing strategy is effective. Does this sound familiar? Read our Small Business Now Report to learn how you can tweak your strategy to see better results.

Go read our article
Upcoming Webinars
Jul 10
Constant Contact Community Walkthrough and Demo
2PM - 3:00 PM EST