cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Constant Contact wants to help you succeed! We’re celebrating our professional service programs on the Constant Contact Community this month and you have a chance to try one of the services for free! Learn more.

Deleted Users for testing delivery

Regular Visitor

Deleted Users for testing delivery

Hi there,

I am trying to test the delivery of emails using an API with Ninja Forms - Everything seems to work well, but when I want to test a new form or new payment integration, I cannot use emails which have already been tried. Is there some way around this?

I have tried deleting them from the contact contact lists they are have been added to. I have removed them from the Ninja Forms wordpress database.

But unless I use a completely new email, constant contact will not add my user to a list.

Has anyone any tips or advice on what to do about this?

many thanks

1 REPLY 1

Re: Deleted Users for testing delivery

Hello,

Thank you for reaching out to Constant Contact API Support. My team is here to assist outside software developers with questions about building into Constant Contact's API. Unfortunately since that is a 3rd party application and not built or supported by Constant Contact I am limited in the help I can offer with this.

A contact is never truly deleted from within Constant Contact accounts, they're simply removed. This is why you cannot use the POST method to make a new contact with the same email address as another contact, even if it was previously deleted. Instead you need to update (PUT) the existing deleted contact.

It sounds like Ninja Forms is only using a POST method to add contacts to your account. The recommended process is to first do a GET on the email address to see if a contact exists for that address, and PUT to any existing returned contact, otherwise POST a new one. Have you reached out to Ninja Forms for assistance? If so, what was their response?

If you are just looking to have a signup form on your website, Constant Contact does have a first-party Wordpress integration that you might consider instead. See: https://wordpress.org/plugins/constant-contact-forms/

Regards,
David B.
Tier II API Support Engineer