Service to upload contacts on a daily basis

SOLVED
Go to solution
Regular Participant

Service to upload contacts on a daily basis

We like to implement a windows service with No User interaction that will upload contacts/employees information from our Org to Constant Contact on a daily basis by calling Constant Contact APIs.

Constant Contact APIs support OAUth2.0 Server and client flows only but haven’t seen Password flow support.

Can you please suggest the technical approach to achieve the same

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hello,

If you would like to connect your application to only a single Constant Contact account, the best process is to generate an Access token for that account using our API Tester: https://constantcontact.mashery.com/io-docs

Once you have the Access Token, that can be stored in your application's configuration, and used alongside your API key to access the account. With this process, you will not need to implement the flow for OAuth2.0 unless you wish to be able to connect multiple users.

If you have any questions, please let me know!

Sincerely,

Elijah G.
API Support Engineer

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Hello,

If you would like to connect your application to only a single Constant Contact account, the best process is to generate an Access token for that account using our API Tester: https://constantcontact.mashery.com/io-docs

Once you have the Access Token, that can be stored in your application's configuration, and used alongside your API key to access the account. With this process, you will not need to implement the flow for OAuth2.0 unless you wish to be able to connect multiple users.

If you have any questions, please let me know!

Sincerely,

Elijah G.
API Support Engineer

View solution in original post

Regular Participant

Hi,

Thank you, I am able to upload contacts but facing issues uploading custom fields.

How many custom fields can be uploaded?

Error Message is as below

Message=json.enumeration.invalid:#/column_names/10: Instance value does not match any enum value.  Valid options are: Email Address, EMail, E-Mail, E-Mail Address, First Name, Middle Name, Last Name, Job Title, Company Name, Work Phone, Home Phone, Address Line 1, Address Line 2, Address Line 3, City, State, US State/CA Province, Country, Zip/Postal Code, Sub Zip/Postal Code, Custom Field 1, Custom Field 2, Custom Field 3, Custom Field 4, Custom Field 5, Custom Field 6, Custom Field 7, Custom Field 8, Custom Field 9, Custom Field 10, Custom Field 11, Custom Field 12, Custom Field 13, Custom Field 14, Custom Field 15, Birthday_day, Birthday_month, Anniversary.

I tried uploading with 1 Custom field, even then above error occurs.

Thank you

Hello,

I had answered this question previous to the Original Poster in an email, but I wanted to provide the answer here as well for anyone who may be reading!

The API will support up to 15 Custom Fields with a restricted set of names available. When working with custom fields, the fields must be named "Custom Field NN" where NN is a number between 1 and 15. If you adjust your custom fields on the contacts and the column names to this formatting, you should see success.

Sincerely,

Elijah G.
API Support Engineer
Developer Portal

View API documentation, code samples, get your API key.

Visit Page