cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Due to an issue with YouTube, inserting videos in your emails is showing an error. Until they are able to resolve this issue, we recommend using a different video hosting service. We will continue to monitor this outage and update you as we have more information.

Tool box is blocked

Tool box is blocked

When I'm trying to edit a block the tool box gets in the way and I can't see what I'm trying to edit in the header. This is very annoying. I mentioned it last year in a chat and it still isn't fixed!

4 Comments

Hi @SaraB1 

Thank you for sharing your feedback on this experience. I apologize the formatting toolbar is covering the text in your block. In these cases we suggest scrolling down on your page. We have seen this workaround of scrolling work well for other customers having this same experience.

CTCT Employee
Status changed to: Voting Open

Hey @SaraB1, thanks for sharing this issue with us. We are aware of an issue that seems to affect some users where the toolbar won't automatically scroll down in some cases, which causes this issue. I've opened this idea up for voting so we can get input from other users, however, I wanted to see if you could check something for me. In your browser, are you currently zoomed in at all? This is often caused by the browser being zoomed in past 100%. You can quickly check this by pressing "Control + 0" (the number zero) at the same time when you're in your browser on Windows. If you're on Mac, it'd be "CMD + 0". 

This should reset your zoom to 100%. If you could try this and let me know what your results are, that'd be super helpful with this issue.

I learned from the Support Team that, to move the edit box so it doesn't block my text, I need to use Ctrl+0 to resize my screen and put the text I'm trying to edit at the bottom of the screen. Until I learned this, the incessant appearance of the edit box was really annoying since it interfered with seeing the text I was trying to edit. Can you make this more intuitive somehow?

CTCT Employee

Hello @FirstNameL248083,

Thanks for the feedback on this topic! Do you tend to zoom in or out often, or were you not aware your screen may not be on the default? Would you prefer the toolbar to move differently while editing?