The Community is hosting an End of Summer sweepstakes! Participants must complete tasks to earn tickets that will enter them with a chance to win a free year of Constant Contact and other great prizes!*
*No Purchase Necessary. For Official Rules, visit here. Constant Contact’s End of Summer 2020 Sweepstakes ends on October, 20, 2020 at 11:50 PM EST.

Adding customer tracking code to email URLs

SOLVED
Go to solution
Occasional Visitor

Automated log in link to secure website

I use the following code in  to allow for automated website logons for my customers in another email platform. 

Is anyone able to assist with what the link would be on Constant Contact as I would like to migrate?  I realize that I will or would need to make a Custom Field which I would call Custom Field 1 and enter each customers authorization code (key). 

I am grateful for any assistance.

https://platform.vinespring.com/auth?key=*|AUTH|*&returnUrl=http%3A%2F%2Fkutchwines.com%2Faccount%23...

Tags (2)
Highlighted
Employee

Re: Automated log in link to secure website

Hello JamieK675 and thanks for reaching out to the Community! What you are looking to do is possible and you are on the right track by wanting to set up a Custom Field to do this. What we will want to do is create a Custom Field for your contact’s URL in its entirety and not just “key” portion. That way when you insert the Contact Detail it will populate with the full URL link for each contact.

Antonas_S
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.
Highlighted

campaign URL and UTM tagging

I am looking for a way to customize my campaign URL so I can add UTM tagging for Google Analytics.

Or any other way I can better track my email campaigns in Google Analytics.

Highlighted

Re: campaign URL and UTM tagging

Hi @QDT_Benelux 

I can understand how helpful it would be for your reporting to include Google Analytics and dynamic variables on your links. I apologize these features are not currently available. The good news is in the meantime we do have workarounds for both. For Google Analytics links  you can create these links outside of your account through Google's Campaign URL builder. These links can then be inserted as regular links. As for the dynamic links, we suggest putting the entire code into the custom field, instead of just the dynamic variable. Once this information is added into your contacts you will then insert it as a standard contact detail. It is also important to mention using our dynamic link workaround will not hyperlink the URL. Instead your contacts will have to copy and paste the URL into their browsers.

Frankie.P

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.
Highlighted
Established Member

MY Links with $ in them are turning into %24

Every time I add a link to something that has a $ in it, it automatically changes it to %24 when it sends the link out. How do I go about fixing this?

Highlighted

Re: MY Links with $ in them are turning into %24

Hello @JeanS04,

I'm sorry to see that you've had trouble with your link formatting, but hopefully I can provide some insight into that process.

Taking a look, it appears that you're trying to insert a dynamic link, which requires a degree of coding that is not available in the 3ge email builder. However, it is possible to do in the 2ge (legacy) and custom code email builders, both of which you have access to. Here are the steps for doing this in 2ge:

1. Create or edit an email in 2GE
  2. Place your cursor over the block where you want to add the link.
  3. Click the Edit this block icon in the upper left-hand corner of the block.
  4. Place your cursor where you want the link to appear.
  5. Click the Insert button on the left-hand side of the page.
  6. Place your cursor over the Link icon and click the Plus button.
  7. In the Text to display as link field, add the text you want your contacts to see as the link.
  8. Uncheck the "Track" option. A dynamic link won't function properly if tracking is enabled for it.
  9. Enter your URL into the Link URL field.
  10. Add the variable to the end of the URL.
    Example: https://www.yourdomainhere.com/$Subscriber.Email$
  11. Click Insert to finish editing the block content.

If you have any additional questions or concerns feel free to reply to this thread and we'd be happy to assist.

William D

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.
Highlighted
Occasional Visitor

Passing URL Parameters

Hi there - 

I want to send an email to my list and include a call-to-action link in the email.  When the user clicks that link, they will land on a landing page and I want to know who they are so we can auto-log them back in to our site.  Is it possible to include either the email itself or some unique parameter in the URL?  If so, how would I do that on the constant contact side?

Thanks!

Tags (3)
Highlighted
Employee

Re: Passing URL Parameters

Hello @brianc616,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community! When you put the link into your email, many customers do this using our button feature. It is a visually appealing way of putting a call to action link inside an email that can go to your landing page. Then, you can see exactly who clicked on that link by selecting the email's title and looking at the reporting once it sends. Click here to see where that is located. However adding a dynamic link through a button is not currently available. At this time we would suggest importing the full dynamic URL as a custom field under the matching contacts. You can then insert this custom field into your email. Your contact won't be able to put clickable text for the URL, but the URL will at least get inserted in the email. Thanks!

Zoe H.

Highlighted

I need to perform the same. 

How to pass a parameter in the URL?

I read some users were using https://www.example.com/landingpage/?$Subscriber.Email 

but it's not working anymore. So how to we do that?

Highlighted

Hi @MohamedY751 

I apologize you have been unable to insert these dynamic links as you should. At this time our system does not allow the option to include these types of clickable links in an email campaign. Instead the workaround we recommend is to add these the full dynamic URLs into your email as a custom field. We have also updated our original response in this thread to display this correct answer.

Frankie.P

Constant Contact 2020 End of Summer Community Sweepstakes!

The Constant Contact User Community is hosting a sweepstakes. The more you participate, the more chances you have to win! Read on to learn more...

Read More
Featured