Background Color when Forwarding Emails

MainStreetCommunityFoundation
Brand Visionary

Is there a way to apply a background color or image that doesn't take over an email when someone replies or forwards it?

It appears that the background style is applied to the email body, rather than a content div, so when someone replies, the entire email body suddenly has the same background. I really feel as if there has to be a solution. I recently came from another email marketing platform and they were able to change it. I did, however, speak with three people from Constant Contact who all said it was not possible. Yet I have received an email from an organization using Constant Contact where the background does not take over the replies/forwards of the email. There has to be a way to add a white divider or white block across the entire top of the email before starting the actual design/template with the colored background. Has anyone been able to find a solution? I really don't have to resort to creating only templates with white backgrounds.

Top Answer
William_A
Administrator

Hi @JeremyBRWS ,

Forwarding emails always runs the risk of having their formatting altered, regardless of the sending or forwarding source.

If you're curious why Outlook programs tend to have different ways of displaying emails from all sources, compared to most email programs, I'd recommend checking out our blog article that discusses common email display issues. This blog article will also contain have relevant links to our articles on outside resources on the most widely used email programs.

26 REPLIES 26
William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Hi @JeremyBRWS ,

Forwarding emails always runs the risk of having their formatting altered, regardless of the sending or forwarding source.

If you're curious why Outlook programs tend to have different ways of displaying emails from all sources, compared to most email programs, I'd recommend checking out our blog article that discusses common email display issues. This blog article will also contain have relevant links to our articles on outside resources on the most widely used email programs.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
Community & Social Media Support
LitzaG
Rookie
0 Votes

No, they have never fixed the issue. I came here looking for a solution to this very problem and found none. We shouldn't have to change our background to white just to "work around" the problem. Very irritating.

Updates
Just Getting Started?

We’re here to help you grow. With how-to tutorials, courses, getting-started guides, videos and step-by-step instructions to start and succeed with Constant Contact.

Start Here
Upcoming Webinars
Mar 28
Making it to the Inbox in 2024: What’s changed and what hasn’t
2PM - 3PM EST