Canva image issues

MichelleB637
Marketing Legend
0 Votes

Constant Contact locks up every single time I try to to import a Canva image, even Canva stock images. This is so frustrating. Too many graphics on an image - you're out of luck...it won't load into CC. I just see the Canva logo spinning and spinning for so long that it just locks up and I have to cancel out of CC. Why have Canva if it's not a seamless integration? I have tried resizing images until they're so small that it's just not worth it. 

6 REPLIES 6
William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Hello @MichelleB637 ,

Can you provide a screencap of what you're seeing? Does this error occur even in incognito/private mode? Are you able to temporarily turn off any browser extensions, ad/pop-up blockers, VPNs, or security software that doesn't have our domains safelisted, to see if that alleviates the issue? Is the image you're trying to pull considered a "premium" image by Canva, and require being paid for prior to publishing?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
Community & Social Media Support
MichelleB637
Marketing Legend
0 Votes

William, I would provide a screenshot, but I'm not sure what that would help with. It's my email campaign with the Canva logo in the center moving in and out like it's "thinking" but it cannot load anything. I can get a simple tiny image to load, but what's the point of having awesome Canva if I can't use it on CC? And I do not have any browser extension issues, etc...I can create an email campaign just fine, and like I said - I can import a very small image from Canva, without awesome graphics. I am a PREMIUM user of Canva, and am very well versed in Canva design. I create 25-50 Canva designs each week, and use their Social Share to post directly to all my social media accounts with zero issues ever. Canva is an awesome program...but Constant Contact's inability to be able to import their image sizes makes Canva in Constant Contact useless for me.

William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Can you provide any exact dimensions of your images prior to import, and what size is "tiny" when you bring them over? I'm seeing several 1200x1600 images in your library from Canva, which is already far wider than email templates already are, and beyond the standard oversize reduction that occurs when uploading images to the Library.

Otherwise, I'd advise calling our general support and requesting a transfer to the Tier 2 integrations team, for live troubleshooting and info gathering.

William A
MichelleB637
Marketing Legend
0 Votes

William, out of the (4) Canva images that you see (one is duplicated because I attempted to import it into my email twice and it failed to insert), the image with our simple logo size 86k, and a text box 146k...the same 1200x1600 size that is 655k will not insert. So it's not about the actual physical size, it's about the graphics... I even tried a Canva stock image with the same physical size, but because the graphics size was too much for CC to handle, it won't import. This wasn't a very complex graphic image either. This happens with a lot of pdf's that I try to import as well, that I try to insert in an email. If my pdf's are graphic-intensive, they do not load. 

William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

In that case, I'd advise calling and speaking with the Tier 2 integrations team for further assistance. I was able to insert that 655k image from Canva into a test email without issue in your account, as well as preview and test send it. If it's a matter of it just being especially graphically intensive prior to compression/import and causing the integration to run slowly, that may be something the devs of the integration can look into addressing or alleviating the burden of. Otherwise, I'm not sure why the 655k image wouldn't insert when you tried, but popped in right away for me.

William A
MichelleB637
Marketing Legend
0 Votes

That's good to know that there might be hope! Thank you!

Updates
Just Getting Started?

We’re here to help you grow. With how-to tutorials, courses, getting-started guides, videos and step-by-step instructions to start and succeed with Constant Contact.

Start Here
Upcoming Webinars
Mar 28
Making it to the Inbox in 2024: What’s changed and what hasn’t
2PM - 3PM EST