Dark Mode on phones creates a very opaque background with red text very hard to read!

DeborahB53039
Participant

Dark Mode on phones creates a very opaque background with red text very hard to read!

Hi there, 

I have just been made aware of an issue that our plain text emails are very hard to read in dark mode.

I did see a thread referenced to it here: https://community.constantcontact.com/t5/Get-Help/Dark-Mode-on-Phones-causing-our-plain-text-emails-... 

And wanted to see if there was an update. 

We like the plain text emails, and have found that they are reaching the users in their regular email inbox so have tried to stick with plain text emails for the most part. 

is there any resolution so that when we send an email there isn't a huge difference? 

Here is what we see...

Regular plain text (non dark mode android phone):

Screenshot_20201206-091630_Gmail.jpg

Dark mode Iphone:

Screenshot_20201206-091658_Gmail.jpg

please let me know, the owner is not happy about this!

Sheila

1 REPLY 1
Zoe_H
Employee

Hello @DeborahB53039,

I do apologize that the dark mode on an android changes your email. We unfortunately do not have an update on this yet as it is out of our control how android's dark mode changes how people see emails on their mobile devices. I will definitely track your feedback on this and you will be contacted if any updates are released. Thanks! 

Zoe H.
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.