Delete from one list: Does that mean delete from all lists?

SOLVED
Go to solution
amyloo
Marketing Legend
0 Votes

delete contacts.PNG

This new dialog box threw me, and I want to fully understand what it means. I periodically weed out bounced email addresses that are "Recommended for removal." 

I *think* the warning used to specify that the selected contacts would not be unsubbed from other lists if they are on more than one list. The new warning doesn't say that so I want to know if that means they will be removed from my contacts altogether. Of course, I guess if they are undeliverable I shouldn't want them on any list.

Advice? Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Hello @amyloo ,

You're probably thinking of when you delete a list and it gives the little message saying that it'll only delete the list and any contacts that are only in the list about to be deleted, and no others.

For more info on deleting contacts

For more info on removing contacts from lists (without deleting them)

For more info on deleting lists

The message you're seeing is for bounced emails. You typically want to delete (and unsubscribe) bounces unless you know there's a specific error with a bounce that can be corrected.

For more info on managing bounces

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
Community & Social Media Support

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Hello @amyloo ,

You're probably thinking of when you delete a list and it gives the little message saying that it'll only delete the list and any contacts that are only in the list about to be deleted, and no others.

For more info on deleting contacts

For more info on removing contacts from lists (without deleting them)

For more info on deleting lists

The message you're seeing is for bounced emails. You typically want to delete (and unsubscribe) bounces unless you know there's a specific error with a bounce that can be corrected.

For more info on managing bounces

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
Community & Social Media Support
amyloo
Marketing Legend
0 Votes

Ah. You're probably right that I was thinking of deleting a list. Thanks for reading my mind when I wasn't doing such a good job of knowing my own mind!

Updates
Just Getting Started?

We’re here to help you grow. With how-to tutorials, courses, getting-started guides, videos and step-by-step instructions to start and succeed with Constant Contact.

Start Here
Upcoming Webinars
Apr 23
Community Conversations: SMS Marketing - Activate, Regulate, Communicate!
2PM - 3:00 PM EST