Disappearing text while typing

St-Martins
Campaign Contributor

When typing in a text box, frequently the text just deletes itself while I am typing.  I have to "Undo" to get it back as though I intentionally did a "Cut".  It's frustrating because of how often it happens.  Any suggestions?

Thank you.

17 REPLIES 17
William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Hello @St-Martins ,

Have you checked to see if your keyboard's Insert key is active? If you're still having issues with text seemingly typing over everything after it, try tapping that key on your keyboard, to see if that alleviates the issue.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
Community & Social Media Support
St-Martins
Campaign Contributor
0 Votes

I will check that out.

These disappearing text problems continue - have your engineers ever figured it out? It's getting truly annoying.

William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Can you elaborate at all on the disappearing text issue you're running into? Is the issue that text after the blinking insertion point is disappearing as you're typing (indicating your keyboard's INSERT key is active)? Or are chunks of text disappearing when you attempt to use a browser spell check? Or is a wholly different type of disappearing text issue occurring for you?

William A
IndiaC02
Rookie

Constantly happens to me too when I am typing into the text box. I will be typing sentences and when I hit the space bar to type the next word in the sentence, the entire sentence will disappear or the last word I typed disappears. How can this be resolved? It's taking me forever to complete my digital newsletter.

William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Hello @IndiaC02 ,

Is this issue occurring on multiple browsers, or just one in particular? Does it occur in Incognito/Private browsing, or when you turn off your browser extensions? Does it occur on other devices or networks?

William A
AntiochC6
Rookie
0 Votes

I'm also having issues with this. Like the previous posters mentioned, entire chunks of text will disappear when I press the spacebar. It's random, there's nothing selected or on. I turned my spellchecker program (Grammarly) off, but it still continues. I'm losing entire sentences and having to go back and redo them. It's extremely annoying! 

William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Hello @AntiochC6 ,

Is this issue occurring on multiple browsers, or just one in particular? Does it occur in Incognito/Private browsing, or when you turn off your browser extensions? Does it occur on other devices or networks?

William A
melissac4816
Rookie
0 Votes

This happens to me constantly.  I use Safari as my browser.  It has been a glitch in my text box since I first started using constant contact.  Please help figure out why.

Caitlin_M
Administrator
0 Votes

Hello @melissac4816. In order to assist you better, we asked some questions earlier in the thread so we can further investigate:

--

Caitlin M.
Community Manager
KathleenP42
Campaign Collaborator
0 Votes

Yes, this happens in multiple browsers and it's annoying! Why would text just disappear when you are typing!? I will type one sentence and then type a word and everything disappears so I have to hit undo. This happens every minute or so. there is no rhyme or reason. It doesn't matter if it's at the end of the sentence, the middle or at the end of a second sentence - if I can even get that far. It seems to disappear at a minimum of two to three words. Please look into this! This just started happening in the past few months. We've been with constant contact for years and this just started recently. VERY UNHAPPY! 

William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Hello @KathleenP42 ,

William A
KathleenP42
Campaign Collaborator
0 Votes

No William the bot you did not answer my question. I already said I had tried multiple browsers. This is obviously a problem that others are having as well as me. And yes it occurs on other networks. I only use my laptop and am not going to try other devices as that is of ZERO help. Please get me a real person who can look at this issue and actually help solve it.

William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Testing on other devices or networks, as well as disabling extensions (such as ad/pop-up blockers or VPNs), are also possible sources for the connectivity-type issues you're running into. As you'll note throughout this thread, we've gotten a lot of "reports" of this with minimal to no actual follow-up on the questions we've asked, leaving us with no actual information to supply our devs with (especially a problem if we can't even recreate this issue on our end).

If you're unable or unwilling to continue trying the troubleshooting steps I've suggested, then I'd advise calling our general support so they can provide some actual live troubleshooting with you, and screenshare if necessary.

William A
William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

You may also want to check and see if this issue occurs with brand new templates, or only seems to be occurring on templates that have been copied over and over and over and over again - as too many generations of copies of copies will start to result in built-up junk coding. Replacing the problematic blocks can sometimes work, but it's generally best to either use fresh templates or copy from a master template source each time to avoid such issues (if that's actually the case here).

Sometimes, depending on how the text is "disappearing" it can also be as simple of a solution as making sure the INSERT key on a keyboard hasn't been activated (though this would also be obvious in other programs outside of us as well).

William A
KathleenP42
Campaign Collaborator
0 Votes

we are definitely reusing old emails so I will change that. That makes the most sense. 

You keep mentioning an Insert key. I don't have an insert key on my keyboard so not sure how that could be applicable. 

I do think the reusing of an email is the issue and will make sure we address that. 

Thank you for your attention to this matter. 

Kathleen

Zoe_H
Employee
0 Votes

Hello @KathleenP42,

Of course! Have a good rest of your weekend. 

Zoe H.

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.
Updates
Just Getting Started?

We’re here to help you grow. With how-to tutorials, courses, getting-started guides, videos and step-by-step instructions to start and succeed with Constant Contact.

Start Here
Upcoming Webinars
Mar 28
Making it to the Inbox in 2024: What’s changed and what hasn’t
2PM - 3PM EST