Format a file before importing a contact list into Constant Contact

SacredHeartLouisville
Rookie
0 Votes

does anyone know why (after ensuring my file follows all the rules), I would get this error message? You cannot import an empty file.

1 REPLY 1
William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Hello @SacredHeartLouisville ,

I'd recommend going back through the article to make sure you've checked everything. This includes:

• Only the first tab having content - it cannot be a title page like some CRMs will include with their exports, nor will our system read for contact info beyond the first tab.
  • Make sure that at least the column for email has something in it for the first several rows. Having several blank rows right away for the email column can result in errors.
  • If you have several columns blank or hidden before your content ones, it can result in the file being read as blank. Make sure these blank columns are deleted / the content shifted over into them.

If you continue to have issues, I'd advise calling our general support so they can confirm security permissions, check the file for any noticeable issues, and help you get the contacts uploaded.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
Community & Social Media Support
Updates
Just Getting Started?

We’re here to help you grow. With how-to tutorials, courses, getting-started guides, videos and step-by-step instructions to start and succeed with Constant Contact.

Start Here
Upcoming Webinars
Apr 23
Community Conversations: SMS Marketing - Activate, Regulate, Communicate!
2PM - 3:00 PM EST