Format changing when forwarding?

ArronM5
Marketing Legend

Hello CC Wizards,

Why is it that that when I receive the e-mail from CC it looks like:Capture01.JPG

However when I then forward someone that e-mail, it changes to this:Capture02.JPG

Top Answer
William_A
Administrator

Forwarding emails will always result in sporadic changes, since forwarding an email causes its code to be partially rewritten by the email program doing the forwarding. This is unfortunately standard practice in the industry, and is not something we can control since it's being forced upon the emails by the forwarding email program(s).

22 REPLIES 22
Frankie_P
0 Votes

Hi @ArronM5 

Thank you for sharing these screenshots here in the Community! They definitely helped to understand what you are experiencing. We have seen cases where forwarding or replying to an email can cause display issues within the email client. What email client was the email forwarded from? What email client was the forwarded email received at? Are you seeing this change will all emails or a campaign in particular? These are helpful details to have as we are continuing to troubleshoot this experience and tracking this information in your account.

Frankie.P
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.
ArronM5
Marketing Legend
0 Votes

Hi Frankie!

I used Microsoft Outlook to forward this message to someone in my company also using outlook. This seems to be happening to all e-mails.

Let me know if you have an other questions.

Nick_S
Administrator

Hey @ArronM5!

First, I love being called a wizard. Let's see what we can do!

We should have been more specific, though. My apologies. What version of Outlook are you/your office using? For example, I just sent a test of your email to myself and forwarded it to an Outlook 2010 account and I was not able to replicate the formatting issue. I appreciate your patience!

Looking to level up your email template designs? Share your email campaigns in Template Feedback & Inspiration and receive valuable advice from Constant Contact experts and industry peers!

ArronM5
Marketing Legend
0 Votes

No worries Nick. Thanks for following up. I am also using Outlook 2010.

Frankie_P

Hi @ArronM5 

Thank you for this clarification! As Nick mentioned we unfortunately were unable to replicate this same experience through Outlook 2010. At this time we also do not have a time estimate of when this will be resolved. We have however added this information to a ticket we have created in your account. We have also added you to our queue to be notified when this is resolved.

Frankie.P

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.
ArronM5
Marketing Legend
0 Votes

No problem. Thank you so much for your help. Please reach out if there is anything I can do to help or clarify.

Frankie_P

Hi @ArronM5 

You're very welcome! We're always happy to help and make sure your emails are displaying properly. With that said, what operating system are you using? This is also another great detail to be added to the ticket under your account.

Frankie.P

ArronM5
Marketing Legend

Hello Frankie,

I know it has been awhile, but we are still having issues when our communications are being forwarded. We are still using Outlook in windows. it seems to be the same on different versions on windows.

Wondering if you have encountered anyone else having these issues since we last spoke?

M

Zoe_H
Employee
0 Votes

Hello @ArronM5,

We do apologize but we do not have any updates on this ticket yet. How our emails look after they are forwarded outside of Constant Contact is completely out of our control. We are still working on this and will send you an update once we have one. Thank you! 

Zoe H.

MeyerDesign
Campaign Collaborator
0 Votes

Hi there -- I am currently experiencing this same issue. When any email is forwarded using Outlook for Windows 10, it adds space between all of my block elements from the builder tool. It is more obvious if my background of the email is set to a specific color. It does not happen when I forward to someone using outlook for iphone or mail for windows 10. But it happens with all of my designs and is triggered by anyone forwarding my email using Outlook.

I have received forwarded emails from other vendors that appear to use the constant contact interface, and have noticed the same dramatic formatting changes. 

Screenshot 2021-03-05 115408.jpg

Zoe_H
Employee
0 Votes

Hello @MeyerDesign,

Thank you for providing those screenshots! I do apologize that you are having the same experience. We unfortunately were unable to replicate this same experience through Outlook 2010. At this time we also do not have a time estimate of when this will be resolved. We have however added this information to a ticket we have created in your account. We have also added you to our queue to be notified when this is resolved. Thank you! 

Zoe H.

MeyerDesign
Campaign Collaborator

Zoe,

Thank you for your response. It is surprising to me that you cannot replicate this issue, considering the number of people impacted by it. I experience it using the Outlook program installed for Windows 10. Our company uses Office 365.

I can be available for a live screen share to show you what is occurring. 

TammiD56
Rookie

I'm having the same issue.  Emails cannot be forwarded outside of Constant Contact.  Very strange that Constant Contact employee cannot replicate the issue when everyone is else is having the same issue.  

When you send an email from Constant Contact to yourself and open it in Outlook you cannot forward without getting formatting issues.  The only place you can forward it from is the online version of Outlook.  

MeyerDesign
Campaign Collaborator

Agreed Tammi. We're unsure how Constant Contact is unable to replicate this issue, considering it is happening to everyone. I even receive forwarded emails from other coworkers that were created using the constant contact system and the issue is present. Unfortunately I've deleted them, but next time it happens I'll take a screenshot.

William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Forwarding emails will always result in sporadic changes, since forwarding an email causes its code to be partially rewritten by the email program doing the forwarding. This is unfortunately standard practice in the industry, and is not something we can control since it's being forced upon the emails by the forwarding email program(s).

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
MeyerDesign
Campaign Collaborator

Hi William,

Thank you for your quick response. I would like to add though, that this can't really be called a "sporadic" change since it occurs the exact same way every time with all cc campaigns. I understand from my own past experiences that Outlook 10 can be particularly problematic (with everything), but it's worth noting that this wasn't an issue that I faced until the new editor was implemented. 

- KB

MaryS0804
Rookie

I am having the same issue! >:O argh

ArronM5
Marketing Legend

FYI - We are still having this issue.

William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
verite-amherst
Campaign Expert

I've having this same issue when our CC emails are forwarded via Outlook, which I've never had in the past. This does not seem to occur for other emails forwarded from other sources (yes, there may be small formatting changes, but nothing like a background color covering the email). If Constant Contact knows that this is an issue with Outlook, can't the code be reworked to prevent this from happening in Outlook?

I am also experiencing the same issue across multiple constant contact accounts. Any advice on how to avoid this is much appreciated as forwarding newsletters to those not yet in the contact list is an important part of my team's outreach and communications.

Amanda_G
Employee
0 Votes

Hi @verite-amherst , 

I apologize that you are having those display issues in Outlook. We do lose control over the formatting when emails are forwarded using the Forward button in the email client, but I'd be happy to track this as a feature request on your account. I'll have our engineering team reach out if there are any changes or updates to this. 

Amanda G.
Community & Social Care

Updates
Just Getting Started?

We’re here to help you grow. With how-to tutorials, courses, getting-started guides, videos and step-by-step instructions to start and succeed with Constant Contact.

Start Here
Upcoming Webinars
Mar 28
Making it to the Inbox in 2024: What’s changed and what hasn’t
2PM - 3PM EST