How does one remove a Social Sharing button (i.e., Twitter) when sharing an email to Facebook?

SOLVED
Go to solution
JaneMG
Marketing Legend

Specifically, I want to remove this Twitter icon that appears in the header of a shared email.twitter_icon.jpg

Our group does not have a twitter account, and I care not to have this icon made available. If there is anything I can do, please let me know. I'll be incredibly grateful.  Thank you. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Zoe_H
Employee
0 Votes

Hello @JaneMG,

I do apologize for any inconvenience but we do not have an option to remove that social media icon, as it appears that link goes to the customer's profile. I do apologize again and will gladly submit this feedback. Thanks! 

Zoe H.
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
Zoe_H
Employee
0 Votes

Hello @JaneMG,

I do apologize for any inconvenience but we do not have an option to remove that social media icon, as it appears that link goes to the customer's profile. I do apologize again and will gladly submit this feedback. Thanks! 

Zoe H.

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.
JaneMG
Marketing Legend

I really do not want to have a Twittter link on emails that I share. Thank you for submitting this to the appropriate concerns.  Thank you! 

JaneMG
Marketing Legend
0 Votes

P.S. I have tested this by sending to another email account that I have.  I have deactivated my Twitter account, so hopefully it will not be associated with my profile any longer. 

Zoe_H
Employee
0 Votes

Hello @JaneMG,

Of course and that is good to hear, have a wonderful weekend! 

Zoe H.

JaneMG
Marketing Legend
0 Votes

The icon still appears when I copy a constant contact link.  Surely there can be a feature request to allow turn off/on. 

William_A
Administrator

There is an existing feature request on the devs' radar, regarding the removal or enhancement of these elements on the permanent URL page for emails. As the issue has already been tracked for your account, if and when there's an update our devs will notify you directly.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
KimB9511
Rookie
0 Votes

Hello William A, 
What is the status of this feature request "Ability to remove social sharing buttons on permanent URL page"?   

Thank you, 
KB

Caitlin_M
Administrator
0 Votes

Hi @KimB9511. We do not have any information to share at this time. Interacting with this post, such as commenting or giving a kudo, will notify you should we have any updates. 

--

Caitlin M.
Community Manager
MassGIC
Rookie
0 Votes

Our organization is also waiting for this feature to be added.

Updates
Just Getting Started?

We’re here to help you grow. With how-to tutorials, courses, getting-started guides, videos and step-by-step instructions to start and succeed with Constant Contact.

Start Here
Upcoming Webinars
Mar 28
Making it to the Inbox in 2024: What’s changed and what hasn’t
2PM - 3PM EST