How to move contacts from automated email series into other emails when series ends

SOLVED
Go to solution
jfscolo
Rookie
0 Votes

I want to set up an automated email series for new donors. I will need to import these donors from our donor database each week and will set up the trigger for the first email to be when a contact is added to a list. We will then send another email four days later. After that, I want those contacts to stop getting the automated series and go into our full list to receive email newsletters, etc. Is there a way to do that?

Also, how do I ensure that the contacts on the new donor list don't receive other emails we send out during the time they're receiving the series? Do I need to create a segment to remove that list?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Kara_D
Employee
0 Votes

Hi jfscolo!

Thank you for reaching out to the Community! We are currently tracking a request to automatically move contacts to a specific list after completing a series. I have tracked this on your behalf and we will send you an email letting you know when this has been updated.

For now, the workaround is to manually move the contacts once they have completed the automation:

• Click on the sent report for the second email in your automation. 
  • Check the box to select all - don't worry about the contacts you have already moved, go ahead and select them again
  • Click Actions> Add to list> select the list you use for your newsletter 

To ensure that the contacts on the new donor list don't receive other emails we send out during the time they're receiving the series, just make sure you put your new donors in a separate list, and do not include that list when sending your other email campaigns. 

Kara.D
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Kara_D
Employee
0 Votes

Hi jfscolo!

Thank you for reaching out to the Community! We are currently tracking a request to automatically move contacts to a specific list after completing a series. I have tracked this on your behalf and we will send you an email letting you know when this has been updated.

For now, the workaround is to manually move the contacts once they have completed the automation:

• Click on the sent report for the second email in your automation. 
  • Check the box to select all - don't worry about the contacts you have already moved, go ahead and select them again
  • Click Actions> Add to list> select the list you use for your newsletter 

To ensure that the contacts on the new donor list don't receive other emails we send out during the time they're receiving the series, just make sure you put your new donors in a separate list, and do not include that list when sending your other email campaigns. 

Kara.D

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.
ToddH386
Rookie
0 Votes

Has this been resolved yet?

William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

At this time the above workaround is what will need to be done.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
ELIatPaceUniversity
Rookie
0 Votes

Is the automatic move from one list to another after completing a series available yet?

Updates
Just Getting Started?

We’re here to help you grow. With how-to tutorials, courses, getting-started guides, videos and step-by-step instructions to start and succeed with Constant Contact.

Start Here
Upcoming Webinars
Mar 28
Making it to the Inbox in 2024: What’s changed and what hasn’t
2PM - 3PM EST