Import a list of contacts from a file or spreadsheet

SOLVED
Go to solution
Sue06073
Rookie

Is there a way to supplement contact information without changing list selection?  I am trying to add address information, plus data into new custom fields.  I do not want to change List memberships.  My Contacts are organized within a master General interest list, and sub-sets in other lists.   When I import a test file, it requires selection of a List, which wiped out previous additional list settings.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Hello @Sue06073 ,

When you upload a file of contacts, you can reupload contacts that are already in your system, without having to make a drastic change to your list selections. I'd advise creating a brand new list on the list selection step, then you can delete only the list after they've been uploaded with their new address info.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
Community & Social Media Support

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Hello @Sue06073 ,

When you upload a file of contacts, you can reupload contacts that are already in your system, without having to make a drastic change to your list selections. I'd advise creating a brand new list on the list selection step, then you can delete only the list after they've been uploaded with their new address info.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
Community & Social Media Support
Updates
Just Getting Started?

We’re here to help you grow. With how-to tutorials, courses, getting-started guides, videos and step-by-step instructions to start and succeed with Constant Contact.

Start Here
Upcoming Webinars
Mar 28
Making it to the Inbox in 2024: What’s changed and what hasn’t
2PM - 3PM EST