Linking automated series

SOLVED
Go to solution
GLOBALJET
Rookie
0 Votes

To be honest, I have not yet tried to work with Auto. Email Series, yet. From what I see it might lack some sophisticated features of more mature products (like using links in later Series emails to trigger the next action) To simulate that feature: can one nest Trigger emails in order to produce a more customer-driven path by the actions they take during the succesive steps in the series (ie: the initial Trigger email calls another trigger email based on the click of a link, and have this feature cascade down the series of steps)?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Zoe_H
Employee
0 Votes

Hello @GLOBALJET,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community! You can have links within the automated series emails trigger a separate automated series  if you would like. I do apologize that we don't have multiple triggers in one automated series. To accomplish this, you would have to create multiple automated series newsletters so when a customer selects a link within an email in the series, it can trigger a different automated series. 

Zoe H.
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Zoe_H
Employee
0 Votes

Hello @GLOBALJET,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community! You can have links within the automated series emails trigger a separate automated series  if you would like. I do apologize that we don't have multiple triggers in one automated series. To accomplish this, you would have to create multiple automated series newsletters so when a customer selects a link within an email in the series, it can trigger a different automated series. 

Zoe H.
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.
caseyjoewalker
Campaign Contributor
0 Votes

Would that mean the subscriber will be receiving automated emails from both automations? Is there a way to move subscribers from one automation to another entirely? Either by click or at the completion of one?

Nick_S
Administrator
0 Votes

Hi @caseyjoewalker!

At this time you can't use an existing email in one automated series to trigger the launch of a different automated series. Currently, trigger emails are created within the confines of an automated series and you can't select an existing email campaign or email within a series to act as the trigger. It would have to be created new or copied into the new series. 

Looking to level up your email template designs? Share your email campaigns in Template Feedback & Inspiration and receive valuable advice from Constant Contact experts and industry peers!

Updates
Just Getting Started?

We’re here to help you grow. With how-to tutorials, courses, getting-started guides, videos and step-by-step instructions to start and succeed with Constant Contact.

Start Here
Upcoming Webinars
Apr 23
Community Conversations: SMS Marketing - Activate, Regulate, Communicate!
2PM - 3:00 PM EST