Lists - sending to several lists cantaining duplicate names

SOLVED
Go to solution
HelenH120
Rookie
0 Votes

I need to send an email out to both current and ex members and the fastest way is just to send to several different lists.  However some people are on more than one list.  Will they get multiple emails or will they only get one?  (Trying to avoid having to try to make another list just for this purpose which will be quite time consuming.)  Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Zoe_H
Employee

Hello @HelenH120,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community! You will not have to worry about duplicates, as our system will be able to recognize them and only send an email to an address once even if it is on multiple lists. 

Zoe H.
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Zoe_H
Employee

Hello @HelenH120,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community! You will not have to worry about duplicates, as our system will be able to recognize them and only send an email to an address once even if it is on multiple lists. 

Zoe H.

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.
HelenH120
Rookie
0 Votes

Thanks so much - I thought so, but good to have the confirmation.  😀

Zoe_H
Employee
0 Votes

Of course! Have a wonderful rest of your weekend. 

Zoe H.

RobynC943
Rookie
0 Votes

I thought this would be prevented but I have some people who are are two lists that receive two emails to the same email address. What can be done to prevent this?

William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

You'll need to call our Delivery team with examples so they can pull logs for those specific contacts. Make sure those contacts are also providing screencaps of their header info for both duplicate emails they received, and aren't mistaking auto-forwards from other addresses they have as being the same email coming directly from you, or something similar.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
HomesofHope
Rookie
0 Votes

Thank you for the info. I will give it a try! 

Updates
Just Getting Started?

We’re here to help you grow. With how-to tutorials, courses, getting-started guides, videos and step-by-step instructions to start and succeed with Constant Contact.

Start Here
Upcoming Webinars
Mar 28
Making it to the Inbox in 2024: What’s changed and what hasn’t
2PM - 3PM EST