Opt out of only certain lists not everything

COCA
Rookie

In Constant Contact is there a way so that the constituent opts out of certain email lists and not everything.  Now it is set so that if they opt out they cease getting any emails.  We would like it so that if they only want the Volunteer or the Research Mailings, they can opt out of the main Newsletter but continue to receive just the newsletter they want.  Is there a way to do this?

5 REPLIES 5
Adrienne_B
Employee

Hi @COCA

Thank you for reaching out to the Constant Contact Community. That's a great question. And yes, they can select specific lists. You will want to edit the Update Profile Form. Once list selections are implemented on that page, they will also display on the unsubscribe request. You can find instructions on the process here. Please reach out to us here if you have further questions. We can also be reached through the following channels

Adrienne B.
Community & Social Media Support

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Increase your profitability by integrating your email marketing and social media.  Download this guide and learn how you can achieve great results with email marketing and social media combined!
FVTP
Rookie
0 Votes

Great information.  I just got off of customer service and the rep had no clue how this could be done!  Looks like more training is needed.

Zoe_H
Employee
0 Votes

Hello @FVTP,

Thank you for your feedback, we do apologize for the experience you had over the phone. We appreciate your input and will review it. Have a wonderful weekend! 

Zoe H.

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.
AllianceON
Campaign Collaborator
0 Votes

This was very helpful, and I've just used the guide you linked to update our "update your profile" form so it now has the list of campaigns they can opt into or out of. 

However, I now have another question: We'd like to make this option more accessible for our contacts. Our organization has a lot of email campaigns, and which ones people will want to subscribe to is likely to change over time. We'd love to either (a) have a link up on our website people can always click on, or (b) be able to generate an email to all our campaign subscribers once a year or so. This would prompt people to audit and update their subscriptions from time to time, and make it easy for them to do. The "update profile" link in the footer of every campaign email is not exactly easy to find. 

Please let me know if the above is possible. If not, I guess we'll just start adding a box to each email with something like "Did you know you can change which of our newsletters you're subscribed to?  Click on the Update Profile link at the bottom of this email and follow the instructions." But that seems... awkward :smileyface:

Thanks again!

Catherine

William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Hello @AllianceON ,

While it isn't available with the more up-to-date landing page sign up forms, the default legacy landing page in your account can be linked to, and does possess the ability to have several list selections available. To find it in your account, go to Sign-up Forms > Legacy landing pages > then you can use the Actions menu for it to edit, or grab the URL. Generally speaking, if you're going to use this as a quickly linkable "update list preferences," then I'd recommend only having the email address be the required contact field they need to fill in. For visual reference:

Capture.PNG681e35f6-b86d-4c78-a1c7-06ca7ddec286.png

Capture2.PNGCapture3.PNG

  

Inline forms you've made through us can also potentially be utilized, since they can have multi-list selections. As they require an additional unique code alongside the universal code, you can have one inline form on your website be dedicated to collecting new signups, and an additional one elsewhere on the site dedicated to updating list preferences. Then simply add the applicable update form page to your email as a text, image, or button link.

See also:

Text links

Image links

Button links

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
Updates
Just Getting Started?

We’re here to help you grow. With how-to tutorials, courses, getting-started guides, videos and step-by-step instructions to start and succeed with Constant Contact.

Start Here
Upcoming Webinars
Mar 28
Making it to the Inbox in 2024: What’s changed and what hasn’t
2PM - 3PM EST