Problem with preview being different than editing version

ClementPlaza
Occasional Participant

One of the most problematic issues I have with this newer version of editing campaigns that happened a few months ago, is that my Preview does not consistently match the version I Saved in the campaign editor.  For example, I duplicated an article to keep my formatting, and made my text and image updates. After saving, I checked my Preview, and noticed that there were some remnants of the original article still in the Preview version, but not in my editable version. 

Secondly, I notice that the Save link does not become clickable after every text change I make. Sometimes it seems that it doesn't become clickable again unless I make a change to the text in one of my feature articles. 

Thirdly, there have been times when after I have to Unschedule the campaign and make an edit, that then a previous version of a different article comes up in my preview (unrelated to whatever edit I just made). This means I anxiously have to recheck the Preview constantly, and review the whole campaign (and our email newsletters are often quite long with many articles). I can't trust that other parts of my campaign will remain accurate after I make a change elsewhere, and it just adds time-consuming stress to try and ensure it will remain accurate.

In case it's helpful to know, I copy our previous week's campaign that I then edit as needed for this week's. I have learned to drag in a new article box versus editing or duplicating from old ones, as that usually helps. I use either an Incognito browser (as I remember at some point reading that helps with some of the glitches) and either I use Google Chrome or I use Microsoft Edge. 

1 REPLY 1
William_A

Hello @ClementPlaza ,

One of the things you could do to alleviate some of these block issues is to regularly clear your browser's cache once or twice a week. Additionally, copying from an earlier or more direct source (like a master template) can assist with avoiding the junk coding build-up that can occur from copying copies-of-copies. Built-up junk coding can cause a lot of unusual and unwanted behavior, including reversions on text, image, and coloring formatting. 

Some of the issues you're experiencing also sound connectivity-based. Whether it's an issue of a lot of content in your email causing increased bandwidth usage for autosave and displaying/editing, ad/pop-up block or browser extension interference, or a combination of several factors, it may be worth performing some basic connectivity troubleshooting, or adding additional Read More / redirect links in your email to reduce the amount of content and overall lag. 

See also:

Connectivity Troubleshooting FAQ

Email Length Best Practices

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
Community & Social Media Support
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.
  • Support Tips

Reporting Metrics

"Authenticating your emails is the best way to ensure your emails achieve maximum deliverability. If you have your own domain, setting up self-authentication is especially important! " - Will

See Article
  • Support Tips

Call-To-Action Links

"Target your most engaged contacts by creating a segment. Create a special offer or show your appreciation!" - Caitlin

See Article
  • Support Tips

Read Before You Send a Test Email

"Did you know? You can send unlimited test emails to your verified email address, but only 50 in a 24-hour period to non-verified email addresses." - Nick

See Article