Salesforce integration question

SOLVED
Go to solution
MikeA900
Rookie
0 Votes

I have a couple of salesforce integration questions: 1. When pulling in leads, what list do the documents refer to, a view list? 2. Does the integration see all salesforce fields for an object such as custom ones made in salesforce? 3. Is it possible to trigger sms actions on leads based on lists the same way emails work?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Hello @MikeA900 ,

1. I'm not sure I understand this question. Are you asking what list the import is pulled from in Salesforce, or place in your Constant Contact account? If so, you select the existing lists on either side for syncing between. See our overview of connecting Salesforce with your account for more info.
  2. Custom fields should show if you have them active in your Salesforce account, however there may be issues importing depending on a few different factors. If you run into issues, you may want to call our general support to be transferred to the Tier 2 integrations support team. Otherwise, you may find it easier to import via a file exported from the Salesforce side.
  3. Yes, if you have the SMS addon for your account, SMS will be an available option for an automated path. If you have the SMS addon, and you're not seeing the ability to add this as a path on the automated journey, you may need to check if it's available on your plan. Otherwise you may need to speak with our Billing team directly.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
Community & Social Media Support

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Hello @MikeA900 ,

1. I'm not sure I understand this question. Are you asking what list the import is pulled from in Salesforce, or place in your Constant Contact account? If so, you select the existing lists on either side for syncing between. See our overview of connecting Salesforce with your account for more info.
  2. Custom fields should show if you have them active in your Salesforce account, however there may be issues importing depending on a few different factors. If you run into issues, you may want to call our general support to be transferred to the Tier 2 integrations support team. Otherwise, you may find it easier to import via a file exported from the Salesforce side.
  3. Yes, if you have the SMS addon for your account, SMS will be an available option for an automated path. If you have the SMS addon, and you're not seeing the ability to add this as a path on the automated journey, you may need to check if it's available on your plan. Otherwise you may need to speak with our Billing team directly.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
Community & Social Media Support
MikeA900
Rookie
0 Votes

Hello,

I was inquiring about leads specifically from salesforce, but it looks like it is just based off a view list.  I guess I was expecting it to be something more specific than a view list.  Thanks for the info.

Updates
Just Getting Started?

We’re here to help you grow. With how-to tutorials, courses, getting-started guides, videos and step-by-step instructions to start and succeed with Constant Contact.

Start Here
Upcoming Webinars
Apr 23
Community Conversations: SMS Marketing - Activate, Regulate, Communicate!
2PM - 3:00 PM EST