Best practices for Salesforce Integration when contacts are currently in CC but not Salesforce

SOLVED
Go to solution
MaggieS077
Rookie
0 Votes

Hi! We are just implementing Salesforce for our organization and our contacts are in CC, but not in Salesforce yet. I understand that the SF integration is one-way, from SF to CC, except for the unsubscribe sync. (Via, the Email Opt-out field in SF.) Once setup, I want a regular SF to CC sync for future SF contacts and then also for all contacts to sync the unsubscribe field. And I wouldn't want to overwrite CC contact history data. What would be best practice for the integration in this case? Also, I am assuming that any new subscribers in CC would need to manually be added to Salesforce? Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Hello @MaggieS077 ,

To get your Constant Contact contacts into your Salesforce database, you can just export them as a CSV file from our side, then import them on the SF side. 

Once you've imported the contacts into SF, you don't need to worry about anything else. When you sync the next time, the only way any contact info is changed in CTCT is if the Salesforce record has different information (like name, address, etc.), otherwise it won't affect contact engagement history or individual emails' reports.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
Community & Social Media Support

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Hello @MaggieS077 ,

To get your Constant Contact contacts into your Salesforce database, you can just export them as a CSV file from our side, then import them on the SF side. 

Once you've imported the contacts into SF, you don't need to worry about anything else. When you sync the next time, the only way any contact info is changed in CTCT is if the Salesforce record has different information (like name, address, etc.), otherwise it won't affect contact engagement history or individual emails' reports.

William A
MaggieS077
Rookie
0 Votes

Thanks so much!

KPECC
Campaign Contributor
0 Votes

can we achive the other way integration like Constant Contact to Salesforce. 

Example: when a New Email List is crated in CC the same list need to be created in salesforce campaign

when a new contact is ADDED/ REMOVED from the email list in CC the same contact should be removed from the salesforce.

Could you please help me with this?

William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Hello @KPECC ,

The current Salesforce integration is one-way, from your Salesforce database to your Constant Contact account. Any changes made to list membership would need to be explicitly exported out of your Constant Contact account and imported into your Salesforce setup, or would need to be manually changed on the Salesforce side.

William A
MaggieS077
Rookie
0 Votes

Hi William! Thanks for your help here. One more technical question -- can the CTCT SF connector use one of the new and free API only users, or does it need a user with a standard SF license? 

William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Hi @MaggieS077 ,

Based on our article for connecting the Salesforce integration, it looks like the following versions of Salesforce are available to work with the integration: Professional (with Web Services API access), Enterprise, and Unlimited. Any other version or API setup is unlikely to be compatible.

William A
MaggieS077
Rookie
0 Votes

Thanks William. Yes that is referring to which Salesforce versions can install the CTCT Connector. I'm referring to the user who authenticates the connection to CTCT. When you install and configure the Connector, you have to login to SF with a user login to authenticate it. Organizations often have a dedicated user license for this so that the Connector doesn't fail when a user leaves the organization. Salesforce just recently made 5 free special user licenses called Salesforce Integration which is a special user license. This is great so that a whole SF license doesn't need to be used for the connector. 

I just went ahead and tried authenticated with a Salesforce Integration User license and it doesn't seem to work. Am I right in thinking that it's not going to work with the Salesforce Integration user license? (And if not, +1 for making this a feature!!!)

William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Hi @MaggieS077 ,

In that regard, I asked our Tier 2 team to take a look to see if there's some incompatibility there that can be fixed or developed, or if they're able to find some kind of workaround with this. 

They'll be reaching out to the account's main contact info for any updates, or if they need to request additional info. They should have an update within the next 4 business days.

If there's different contact info you'd like for them to reach out to (name, email, phone number, etc.) please reply to the automated @ mention email with that info.

William A
user70928
Rookie
0 Votes

Hi @William_A ,
I was curious if there was a response on whether or not a Saleforce Integration license can be used or if a full Salesforce license is required.
Christine

Caitlin_M
Administrator
0 Votes

Hi @user70928. We have a specialized team that can assist you with the Salesforce integration and its capabilities. They're not available here in the Community. Please contact our support team by phone and they will be able to connect you directly with them. 

--

Caitlin M.
Community Manager
Updates
Just Getting Started?

We’re here to help you grow. With how-to tutorials, courses, getting-started guides, videos and step-by-step instructions to start and succeed with Constant Contact.

Start Here
Upcoming Webinars
May 01
Constant Contact Community Walkthrough and Demo
2PM - 3:00 PM EST