Scheduling Tweets Error Message

MarenW9
Rookie
0 Votes
I continue to received this error message when a scheduled tweet does not go out. "User is over daily status update limit". Sometimes I can hit the retry button and is works, but not every time. I schedule 1 or 2 tweets a day....no more than 7 in a 5 day period. I live tweet at most another 3 tweets a week. MANY accounts schedule and live tweet more than this. This is an issue when I use Safari as well as Chrome. This is NOT an issue with IG or FB. This issue is VERY inconvenient and I do not trust my business marketing is being sent. Please advise.
3 REPLIES 3
William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Hello @MarenW9 ,

Does recreating the tweet and trying to post the new one work, or reducing the number of characters - even if you're already within the limit? Beyond that, it may be that there's too much traffic coming into Twitter resulting in certain 3rd party API restrictions, and it'll just be a matter of trying to post at a later time. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
Community & Social Media Support
MarenW9
Rookie
0 Votes

Sometimes, but not all the time. It worked today, but the previous time I tried multiple fixes (post immediately from CC, reduce characters, schedule later) and nothing worked. I ended up having to copy & paste it right into twitter. And yes, that is fine....but completely negated the "schedule later" function...which is 90% of what I switched from Hootsuite to CC. How many other people have this issue?

Amanda_G
Employee
0 Votes

Hi @MarenW9 ,

I completely understand the necessity of being able to schedule your post ahead of time. It does appear that the error message is coming to us from Twitter, usually because you are hitting some kind of 3rd Party API Restriction. If none of the limits on that link are being hit, we can try disconnecting and then reconnecting your Twitter profile to see if that resolves the issue. I have gone ahead and passed this feedback along to our engineering team as well, and I will have them reach back out to you at the email address on file for your Constant Contact account if we have any updates regarding this.

Amanda G.
Community & Social Care
Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.
Updates
Just Getting Started?

We’re here to help you grow. With how-to tutorials, courses, getting-started guides, videos and step-by-step instructions to start and succeed with Constant Contact.

Start Here
Upcoming Webinars
Mar 28
Making it to the Inbox in 2024: What’s changed and what hasn’t
2PM - 3PM EST