where is the formatting toolbar?

SOLVED
Go to solution
RickS5410
Rookie
0 Votes

I'm trying to edit a template but the formatting toolbar won't pop up. Where is it?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Hello @RickS5410 ,

The editing toolbar that shows when you select a block is now locked to the top of the template screen. It will scroll down as you scroll down.

toolbar.png

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
Community & Social Media Support

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Hello @RickS5410 ,

The editing toolbar that shows when you select a block is now locked to the top of the template screen. It will scroll down as you scroll down.

toolbar.png

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
Community & Social Media Support
user32989
Rookie
0 Votes

Not true for me. When I paste text from a Word doc, the editing toolbar disappears. I tried working on Chrome and Edge. 

Caitlin_M
Administrator
0 Votes

Hi @user32989. We've found that text directly pasted from a Word document can bring over backend coding that impacts the display of the docked toolbar. Try pasting the text as plain text for the toolbar to appear. You can do this by pasting the text into Notepad then copying the text from there and pasting it into a brand new text block.

--

Caitlin M.
Community Manager
PattiK_RTAFF
Rookie
0 Votes

Nope - not working that way in chrome. Super annoying. I'm trying to set a link and when I highlight the text the tool bar goes away. 

PattiK_RTAFF
Rookie
0 Votes

I can select the text if I click and move the cursor from left to right, which is opposite of conventional usage. When the link box pops up I cannot right click my mouse to paste the url. Super aggravated! I'll logout and reopen to see if it resolves.

PattiK_RTAFF
Rookie
0 Votes

Logging out and in resolved the "paste" issue for two items and then I had to logout again.

Updates
Just Getting Started?

We’re here to help you grow. With how-to tutorials, courses, getting-started guides, videos and step-by-step instructions to start and succeed with Constant Contact.

Start Here
Upcoming Webinars
Apr 23
Community Conversations: SMS Marketing - Activate, Regulate, Communicate!
2PM - 3:00 PM EST