Send message based on criteria

SOLVED
Go to solution
TeriS598
Rookie
0 Votes

I would like to send a message to all members that have have past due accounts. How should I set up the contact to enable this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Hello @TeriS598 ,

You'd need to use either custom fields or tags, and upload that info to your account to update the contacts accordingly. Otherwise, you can update that info on an individual basis from within the Contacts page.

During the upload, you can make a new list of Past Due contacts, if you're just importing contacts based on that custom field info. If your import includes other Due statuses, then I'd advise using segmentation after the upload to isolate all of your Past Dues, and then send to that segment. If you included the info via tags, then you can narrow-by-tag on the scheduling page of an email. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
Community & Social Media Support

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Hello @TeriS598 ,

You'd need to use either custom fields or tags, and upload that info to your account to update the contacts accordingly. Otherwise, you can update that info on an individual basis from within the Contacts page.

During the upload, you can make a new list of Past Due contacts, if you're just importing contacts based on that custom field info. If your import includes other Due statuses, then I'd advise using segmentation after the upload to isolate all of your Past Dues, and then send to that segment. If you included the info via tags, then you can narrow-by-tag on the scheduling page of an email. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
Community & Social Media Support
Updates
Just Getting Started?

We’re here to help you grow. With how-to tutorials, courses, getting-started guides, videos and step-by-step instructions to start and succeed with Constant Contact.

Start Here
Upcoming Webinars
May 01
Constant Contact Community Walkthrough and Demo
2PM - 3:00 PM EST