Tutorial: Insert a video into your email

Keplers
Rookie
0 Votes

Embedded Vimeo video but what shows up in the email is the default Vimeo colored lines image. How do I get the first frame of the video to show up instead?

Top Answer
William_A
Administrator

Hello @Keplers ,

Are you given an option to explicitly set a thumbnail for your Vimeo video, on the native site? If so, I'd suggest doing that, then wholly re-inserting the video block and video link.

If the issue persists, then it means something isn't being communicated correctly between Vimeo's API and the URL reader used for the video block. In that regard, the best workaround would be to link an image of what you want for the thumbnail. Various 3rd party services can add play button overlays on the image, which you can then use in your email.

1 REPLY 1
William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Hello @Keplers ,

Are you given an option to explicitly set a thumbnail for your Vimeo video, on the native site? If so, I'd suggest doing that, then wholly re-inserting the video block and video link.

If the issue persists, then it means something isn't being communicated correctly between Vimeo's API and the URL reader used for the video block. In that regard, the best workaround would be to link an image of what you want for the thumbnail. Various 3rd party services can add play button overlays on the image, which you can then use in your email.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
Community & Social Media Support
Updates
Just Getting Started?

We’re here to help you grow. With how-to tutorials, courses, getting-started guides, videos and step-by-step instructions to start and succeed with Constant Contact.

Start Here
Upcoming Webinars
Mar 28
Making it to the Inbox in 2024: What’s changed and what hasn’t
2PM - 3PM EST