Using Animated GIF Images in an Email Campaign

SOLVED
Go to solution
DonaldS36
Rookie
0 Votes

I created a GIF using Canva.  It's 600px x 150px and 327 KB.  When I try to upload the file, Constant Contact tells me to try saving my file as a different file type and re-upload it.  Can anyone help with this? Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Hello @DonaldS36 ,

Does either of the following troubleshooting steps alleviate the upload issue for that gif?

• Open image in Photoshop > File > Export > Save for Web > Leave default settings and click Save
  • Compressing the Gif (using lossy compression is available)
  • Converting the Gif to an MP4 filetype, then converting back to a Gif
  • Putting the Gif in an image hosting site, then adding it to your email via the Image URL method
  • Making sure the Gif matches all the optimization criteria

If none of those alleviate your issues, please respond to the automated @ mention email with the Gif attached so we can investigate further.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
Community & Social Media Support

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Hello @DonaldS36 ,

Does either of the following troubleshooting steps alleviate the upload issue for that gif?

• Open image in Photoshop > File > Export > Save for Web > Leave default settings and click Save
  • Compressing the Gif (using lossy compression is available)
  • Converting the Gif to an MP4 filetype, then converting back to a Gif
  • Putting the Gif in an image hosting site, then adding it to your email via the Image URL method
  • Making sure the Gif matches all the optimization criteria

If none of those alleviate your issues, please respond to the automated @ mention email with the Gif attached so we can investigate further.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
Community & Social Media Support
Updates
Just Getting Started?

We’re here to help you grow. With how-to tutorials, courses, getting-started guides, videos and step-by-step instructions to start and succeed with Constant Contact.

Start Here
Upcoming Webinars
Mar 28
Making it to the Inbox in 2024: What’s changed and what hasn’t
2PM - 3PM EST