Why does DELETE menu item not appear? -- cannot delete old campaign drafts

SOLVED
Go to solution
MarciaH2
Rookie
0 Votes

There is supposed to be a "Delete" item on the "..." menu (adjacent to "Copy" or "Edit"button) and also on the "Actions" menu -- see the screen shots in the knowledge base article 5680: https://knowledgebase.constantcontact.com/articles/KnowledgeBase/5680-delete-a-campaign 

Below are screenshots from my account. As you can see, there is no "delete" item in either menu. What the what?? Thanks in advance for help.

No "Delete" menu-itemNo "Delete" menu-item

No "Delete" menu-itemNo "Delete" menu-item

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Zoe_H
Employee
0 Votes

Hello @MarciaH2,

Thank you for reaching out to us again! Please take a look at our user roles here so you can see what they are all able to do inside the account. Account Managers and the Owner should have the availability to delete campaigns, and the Owner has the option to create the user roles inside the account. 

Zoe H.
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Amanda_G
Employee
0 Votes

Hi @MarciaH2 , 

I do apologize that you are running into this! When I go into your account and select some emails, the Delete option is appearing for me. 

What type of campaigns are the ones you are trying to delete? For things like active automation campaigns, they will need to be deactivated before the Delete option shows up. Also, campaigns that are already in the Deleted folder cannot be permanently deleted. 

Amanda G.
Community & Social Care
Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.
MarciaH2
Rookie
0 Votes

Apologies for the delay following up.

I now know the very probable answer, which is that the username/pw I am logging in with has the user role "Campaign Creater" (I am a self employed contractor and that's the user credentials the account owner gave me) and I found in one of your Knowledge Base articles that that user role "cannot Delete or remove campaigns".

At least some other users of this account who are using this same login should use one that can delete campaigns. Please can you tell me which User Roles can delete campaigns and which user roles can create a user that has one of those User Roles that can delete campaigns? Thanks.

Zoe_H
Employee
0 Votes

Hello @MarciaH2,

Thank you for reaching out to us again! Please take a look at our user roles here so you can see what they are all able to do inside the account. Account Managers and the Owner should have the availability to delete campaigns, and the Owner has the option to create the user roles inside the account. 

Zoe H.
Community & Social Media Support

Updates
Just Getting Started?

We’re here to help you grow. With how-to tutorials, courses, getting-started guides, videos and step-by-step instructions to start and succeed with Constant Contact.

Start Here
Upcoming Webinars
Apr 23
Community Conversations: SMS Marketing - Activate, Regulate, Communicate!
2PM - 3:00 PM EST