Workaround for manually updating/correcting email within an individual contact.

DanitaK
Participant

I contacted help desk who said there is a known bug in updating/correcting an email address in a specific contact.  They offered the below workaround, but I still can't figure out how to do or what the below means.

I keep getting error message "This email address already exists in your account." (which isn't the case)

From online chat w/help desk:

While we work on an overall fix, we have the following solution to offer you in the meantime, you can try this workaround.

1. As a workaround please add the email you're attempting to change it to, using the "Type or Paste Contacts" option.
  2. Then, change the email address to something different, ie "test@test.com", but DO NOT delete it yet.
  3. Once this is done, you should be able to update the original contact and delete the contact you changed in the previous step.
1 REPLY 1
William_A

Hello @DanitaK ,

Which part are you having trouble with? In all honesty, the easiest method would be to simply upload the new email address as a fresh, new contact, with the accompanying contact info associated via the type/paste multiple or file upload methods. Make sure the "new" contact is being added to the appropriate lists during the upload. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
Community & Social Media Support
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.
  • Support Tips

Reporting Metrics

"Authenticating your emails is the best way to ensure your emails achieve maximum deliverability. If you have your own domain, setting up self-authentication is especially important! " - Will

See Article
  • Support Tips

Call-To-Action Links

"Target your most engaged contacts by creating a segment. Create a special offer or show your appreciation!" - Caitlin

See Article
  • Support Tips

Read Before You Send a Test Email

"Did you know? You can send unlimited test emails to your verified email address, but only 50 in a 24-hour period to non-verified email addresses." - Nick

See Article